Classic Eastenders

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Unbearably bleak post there.

For me the golden era of terrible but hilarious Eastenders was the Alfie Moon/Kat Slater/Andy Hunter saga.

Story-line was fucking shit. Sums up "Eastenders" that that kind of shit is considered "Hall of Fame" stuff now.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

What about the episode where Alfie went looking for a condom for his first shag with Kat?

Total rip-off of Trojan War, a movie I saw once on TV & kinda enjoyed, but apparently took $309 at the box office off a budget of $15m.

I guess whoever wrote that EastEnders episode watched it that night too.

• Paid Members

Imagine you are tasked with bring down Eastenders. You've been asked to make this show unwatchable and to essemble the worst cast you can to swat off anyone who has an interesting in it. You'd probably hire Danny Dyer, Me Julie off Ali G In Da House, another Ben Mitchell, Jessie Wallace playing a 50 year old version of Kat Slater, Gary Oldman's sister, half the cast of the Bill (the shit years) and a family based on the cast of Benefits Street. That should do it, to be honest. The cast his horrendous. There's been more fucking Ben's than Doctor Who's at this point.

• 4 years later...

Started on 2002 today. Things are settling down after the banner Who Shot Phil Mitchell? year, and we're a year away from Den Watts showing up again, so it's a bit of a transitional year for the show. I think at the time it was pretty maligned but much like WWE that year, you look back from today's perspective and EastEnder's Ruthless Agression era isn't all that bad. 

Martin Kemp's a great shout for the-studio-went-bust Bond casting:

spacer.png