Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I completely forgot about that with all the Khabib vs Gaethje drama going on. Decent scrap that. Barnett is one seriously hard bastard. From MMA to grappling competitions to pro wrestling. Now he’s taking bare knuckle fights at 42. 

I actually bought the show, and was impressed by Josh. I did wonder how his style of fighting would translate, and his use of the clinch and dirty boxing was something to behold. 

Absolute masterclass.

EDIT: In fact, i don't even know if i had to pay for it? It was on FITE, right? I have a sub on there for boxing. I've had to pay for so fucking much of late that I'm losing track. I bought the UFC at the weekend eventually, and bought the Usyk fight as well.

All I know is that I watched it on a stream live. 

Edited by David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Yeh that surprised me, BKFC moved a WWE Network style thing, think its £5 a month and the shows are chucked in along with the past shows. Guess they think Paige's debut is worth stand alone PPV billing. 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread - BKFC Knucklemania (Feb 5th)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Knucklemania is Friday. I suppose if you are gonna sample some BKFC, this is the show to do it with. 

IMG_20210202_113614.thumb.jpg.758b7e4899d89bf93e22c4b7700f35e0.jpg

Im actually quite surprised they haven't loaded the PPV card with more notable names. Thought this could have done with the inclusion of a Thiago Alves, Jason Knight or some of other known MMA/Boxing crossovers. They are selling this purely on VanZant headlining though aren't they.

Not quite sure what to expect from the VanZant fight but the actual show should be good. Ive fell off with the last couple but keep up through highlights and the news. The shows always seem to deliver.

If you're gonna look out for a fight its clearly Bedford/Nguyen. Bedford has carved out a nice little niche in BKFC, hes 5-0 now. Nguyen is a bit of a cult blood and guts boxer, he's crossed over and gone 2-0 in bare knuckle. Should be worth a look. 

Some hype and build up if you are interested, BKFC do a good job with this stuff:

Edited by Egg Shen