Football Predictions League 2018-19

Fog Dude

Do the current rules surrounding games that can go to extra time and penalties need changing?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do the current rules surrounding games that can go to extra time and penalties need changing?

• Yes – count the score at full time only
    • Yes – let us guess who'll win the shootout
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, Fog Dude said:

Rory was last by a full 15 points in the end, but did at least break the 300-point barrier.

According to the league table I avoided last place by a huge 59 point margin. Kindly withdraw your libellous statement.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, Briefcase said:

Where's the lovely big hard to carry trophy?

Good fun this season, that last round was probably the toughest yet and somehow managed to get through it without 'bottling it' at the last hurdle. 

Well, it could be argued you bottled the Cup final having won it last season. There's never been a trophy for winning the main league competiton, but I suppose I could look into it... 

On 5/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, RoryFice said:

According to the league table I avoided last place by a huge 59-point margin. Kindly withdraw your libellous statement.

Ha, that's only because I was kind enough to leave @The Maestro in after he dropped out. When he quit he was averaging enough points for lower mid-table: 

QnyyEYY.png

The stats at the bottom refer only to people who finished the reason. The averages take into account full missed weeks, but not partial ones. There seems to be a pattern emerging with Briefcase, MVP RULZ, TildeGuy and Glenryck always there or thereabouts year after year. Vegeta is invariably at least in upper mid-table, with Grecian and ultimo a little further back, and Rory and myself consistently struggling in recent campaigns. FailedPromoter ended up sandwiched between us because he failed to convert correct results into spot-on scoreline guesses. The other newcomer who stayed the course, AdamTH17, managed a top-half finish. Scoring was quite low, with nobody breaking the 400 mark this time. 

And that's it. For those who can't get enough football, enjoy the Nations League, Women's World Cup, U-21 Euros, Copa América (which I'd completely forgotten until Tiger Rick posted about it yesterday) and Africa Cup of Nations. For the rest of you, take a break for a couple of months and recharge your prediction batteries. The sign-ups thread for 2019-20 should appear during the knockout stage of the last of those tournaments. For the first time ever, here's a behind-the-scenes sneak preview of how next season is already shaping up. The plan at the moment is for the first 10-match card to go live in the early hours of Wednesday, the 31st of July