• Paid Members

I love the Conference League. Was made up watching Olympiacos win it tonight - first time a Greek side has ever won a European title - done in AEK's stadium no less!. In terms of interest, far prefer the Europa and Conference Leagues to the Champions. You get so many more interesting match ups rather than watching Manchester City, Real Madrid, PSG etc play each other every year. The group stages especially are tremendous for interesting fixtures. Conference League is a great thing. That said, I'll be watching the Champions League Final on Saturday and fully hoping Dortmund can do it. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I love the Conference League. Was made up watching Olympiacos win it tonight - first time a Greek side has ever won a European title - done in AEK's stadium no less!. In terms of interest, far prefer the Europa and Conference Leagues to the Champions. You get so many more interesting match ups rather than watching Manchester City, Real Madrid, PSG etc play each other every year. The group stages especially are tremendous for interesting fixtures. Conference League is a great thing. That said, I'll be watching the Champions League Final on Saturday and fully hoping Dortmund can do it. 

The Cup Winner's Cup was also good for that. Never understood why they got rid of it, but glad there's another third competition. Feels right that there should be three; two doesn't seem enough.

16 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

In the three years it's been running it's had teams in the group stage from: Armenia, Estonia, the Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein and Lithuania.

And with the new format there's room for 4 more clubs from next season too. Bring on sides from Andorra, Malta, Montenegro and San Marino with any luck!