Beards (and other associated things)

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I couldn’t see anything about this, so thought let’s start a thread.

ive been growing my beard for the last 8 weeks. Or I’ve not shaved, you decide. Anyway, it’s getting a bit whispy at the ends and I wondered if any other facial hair brothers had any tips with what they do with theirs. I wash mine with shampoo and use a beard oil at the moment, but anything else I should be doing?

Why be so arsey? He's come to start a discussion about beards and you post a link to a discussion about beards two years ago? The search engine on the forum isn't that good anyway, but are we now supposed to search for year old discussions just in-case someone's discussed it previously. I find it pathetic you've gone and searched for it to post it too. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Armitage Shanks said:

Why be so arsey? He's come to start a discussion about beards and you post a link to a discussion about beards two years ago? The search engine on the forum isn't that good anyway, but are we now supposed to search for year old discussions just in-case someone's discussed it previously. I find it pathetic you've gone and searched for it to post it too. 

He asked for advice, I assume there is some in that thread as a starting point. 

There's an interesting element here, that his post was in essence more helpful and less arsey than yours. 

• Paid Members

@Armitage Shanks All he did was post a link to a previous thread on the subject, something that is done regularly by numerous posters on this board to posters who may be unaware that there was an earlier thread on the subject. There was nothing arsey about it you useless mound of gibbon shite.

Exactly, chaps.  There was no arseyness about it at all.  The search engine is as much use as an Armitage Shanks post, or an Echo post, or a Mab post.  The best thing to do, as is often advised, is to use google.  I googled "UKFF beards" because I remembered how there was a thread on here.

Google is good for that, try googling "Bridges near me to jump off".

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I decided to grow a broken leg beard for the three months or so I was off my feet. It sucked and I shaved it as soon as I started going outside again.

How long did you grow it for? You need to let it set in before it becomes good. At least 6-8 weeks. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

No if he was being friendly he would have added a comment too, something like "here's another discussion mate that may give you some beardly advice". But he was being obnoxious. 

It's not like you to get all shirty with Houchen now, is it?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hey @Nick Soapdish did you think I was obnoxious or helpful?

Honestly? I thought it was weird bringing up a post from almost 2 years ago, just because I was always led to believe resurrecting ancient posts was frowned upon. But I didn’t think you were trying to be obnoxious. Sure, I can see why a comment would have made it look more helpful, but it’s all cool. No need to fall out over it gents

Archived