Beards (and other associated things)

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I’ve just shaved mine off, was about 6 months long. I’ve had them on and off since I was about 16. Keep it growing for half a year, cut off and keep it off for a couple of months, but then just let it grow out again, repeat cycle.

The first day without, especially in January is a shock to the bloody system.

Nice diplomatic reply Nick, sorry to take your discussion off topic, I just didn't like his response. But back on topic....

I always grow one the winter months, October onwards and then shave it off beginning of January. In a way it feels symbolic shaving it off in the New Year, abit like New Year fresh start, however I've kept it this year. With how quick time seems to fly I didn't feel that I had it long in the October - January period. 

I only shampoo mine, never used any oils. 

13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

@Armitage Shanks you useless mound of gibbon shite.

This insult has really tickled me this morning. 

As for beards, they're awesome if you're lucky enough to have one. I've had one for the last five years and I wouldn't go back to being clean shaven at all. I found my skin would get a bit blotchy after shaving and it took too much time. Once you get past the initial itchy phase it's smooth sailing.

I reckon I'd look good with a beard. Unfortunately I still have very bad acne (at 33? Lolz) and greasy skin so basically the complexion of a 13 year old, and the ability to grow facial hair of a 13 year old (nb: Typing that phrase again and looking into a mirror brings Damm to your house)

Anyway, it bums me out a bit, and used to be a constant source of amusement around Movember time: "Entering this year Bacon? Thought not!". I did stop shaving for about 6 weeks a few months back when I was in a bad state and it genuinely just looked liked pubes on my face. So yeah...beards...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived