Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah Rampage has been losing weight. I’ve been watching his podcast a fair bit lately (the recent one with Josh Barnett is well worth watching) and he’s mentioned a few times how embarrassed he was about the shape he was in later in his career, specifically the Fedor fight when he was probably at his porkiest. He’s still bigger than we remember him but he’s definitely lost some timber over the last year or so. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I keep meaning to watch his podcast, they have great guests on. Lots of love given to the old school guys on there, its great to see.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah interesting to see him have guys on who he’s fought before as well. He had Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson on a while back and even Rashad Evans which was really cool to see given their history.

They were on about TUF 10 on the one episode (I forget which) though and it made me think how perfect Kimbo would’ve been as a guest. His personality and the stories he could tell, he’d have been in his element in the podcast era. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeah usually I just listen to them and it’s not a ‘need’ to watch them but I do whack them on YouTube on the telly in the background while I’m doing other stuff from time to time. 

• Paid Members

Depending on what tweets you look at, Charles Oliveira is either fighting Dan Hooker at 305 in Australia, Mateusz Gamrot in Canada in September or Benoit Saint Denis on the Paris card September. Alexander Volkanovski has also expressed interest in fighting Oliveira next as well.

Jesus wept. I’d be up for any of them and there’s probably truth to one of them, although which one fuck knows? 

• Paid Members

Dan Hooker feels the least likely of those to me. It would tell me they are trying to rehab Charles, which I'm not sure the UFC are in the business of trying to do. 

I expect they'll be trying to give his scalp to someone else they think can capitalise on it, such as those Saint Denis and Gamrot options, and it'll be up to Charles to do a Dusty P on them and say "not yet boys". 

• Paid Members

Jamahal Hill’s still moaning about the Pereira loss at UFC 300. A whole 3 months ago! He’s been arguing with randoms on Twitter about it for months and now he’s put up a near 40 minute video crying about a fight where he fouled Pereira and expected to be given time to reset himself, rather than the guy who was kicked in the balls. Can’t stand this prick. Absolute weapon.

Not even gonna embed this shite. Just look at the thumbnail and the length of the video ?

IMG_5668.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How many MMA personalities had to be unfollowed this morning following the Trump assassination attempt? ALL OF THEM. 

Jesus, can't you already picture the hoopla around his appearance at the next UFC PPV? 

• Paid Members

I don’t think Dana can get his tongue any further up Trump’s arse but wait until he’s next near a microphone. Their next ‘walkout’ at a UFC is gonna be like Apollo Creed’s stars and stripes entrance in Rocky II.

In other news, just noticed I said this a few posts above…

On 6/26/2024 at 9:02 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Depending on what tweets you look at, Charles Oliveira is either fighting Dan Hooker at 305 in Australia, Mateusz Gamrot in Canada in September or Benoit Saint Denis on the Paris card September. 

Turns out Oliveira’s fighting none of them. Hooker and Gamrot are fighting each other at 305 and Saint Denis is headlining the Paris card against Moicano. Fuck knows what’s next for Charles unless they do make that Volk fight. I’d be up for that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just went on the UFC’s website to look at the rankings and the homepage had something about the latest series of TUF with Grasso and Shevchenko as coaches. I knew that season was coming up but I saw it said ‘Episode 8 Recap’. This TUF is 8 episodes in, I had no idea it had even started and not one of us on here seems to have bothered with a second of it ? Remember the days when TUF was appointment viewing?