Greatest TV Finales

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Breaking Bad is an obvious one. Breaking Bad was the first show I watched week to week since probably Lost (I often will wait for a show's season to finish and then binge it) and I had that terrible Lost finale in my mind, which led to me worrying about how BB would end. But they did really well. In a similar vein to Tony Soprano, Walt is someone you can root for but he becomes, in the end, a real villain so it had to end how it ended.

On The Sopranos, I hated the ended at the time. Then I read an interview with David Chase who said something along the lines of the time we spent with Tony was a window into his life. Although we were moving on from him, his life would continue so it makes sense to end it like that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd stick the final episode of Peep Show in here. The last few series weren't a patch on the first few but that ending with Mark and Jez sat together in the flat was really well done.

+1 for Breaking Bad, and I agree with Zeb - Only Fools should've (does in my mind) ended with them on top, would've been the perfect ending to that series.

Not as good as Breaking Bad but the final episode of Narcos was great.

• Awards Moderator

The Office (UK) ended perfectly with that Christmas episode. Brent meeting a decent girl and telling Finchy to fuck off, the Tim and Dawn ending and the final bit where Brent makes a balls of the photo. It's such a great piece of telly.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

Are you taking the piss? It was probably the worst of all time.

Given that I mentioned this in my original post, I have to ask if you're taking the piss. It's awesome. And even if you don't think so, I don't see how it can be labelled "worst of all time". How else should it, could it have ended?

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

The Office (UK) ended perfectly with that Christmas episode. Brent meeting a decent girl and telling Finchy to fuck off, the Tim and Dawn ending and the final bit where Brent makes a balls of the photo. It's such a great piece of telly.

I hate that him telling Finchy to fuck off bit. We all know finchy's. He would have rolled through the, "Chris, Fuck off!" and ripped more dignity out of Brent. I always found it stupid that a "banter" person's face would melt like it's Indiana Jones just because he was told to fuck off. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Given that I mentioned this in my original post, I have to ask if you're taking the piss. It's awesome. And even if you don't think so, I don't see how it can be labelled "worst of all time". How else should it, could it have ended?

It's the cheesiest & dumbest thing I've ever seen.

The police & FBI all chasing him in a perfect formation for 30 minutes, as he drives along at a tepid 20 mph. The motorcycle cops were driving so slow they were having trouble balancing their bikes.
The stupid pose he does before he crashes.
The crow flying overhead.
The truck driver happens to be a guy his mother just met.
The crappy CGI of the accident itself.

Lame and shit on every possible level.

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I hate that him telling Finchy to fuck off bit. We all know finchy's. He would have rolled through the, "Chris, Fuck off!" and ripped more dignity out of Brent. I always found it stupid that a "banter" person's face would melt like it's Indiana Jones just because he was told to fuck off. 

I saw it the other way. He'd been chipping away at Brent for the entirety of the show and not once did he get anything back other than a desperate giggle or beg for affirmation. It was the first time Brent stood up to him and as a bully, he just didn't know how to take it. I thought it was very well done.

32 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

It's the cheesiest & dumbest thing I've ever seen.

The police & FBI all chasing him in a perfect formation for 30 minutes, as he drives along at a tepid 20 mph. The motorcycle cops were driving so slow they were having trouble balancing their bikes.
The stupid pose he does before he crashes.
The crow flying overhead.
The truck driver happens to be a guy his mother just met.
The crappy CGI of the accident itself.

Lame and shit on every possible level.

And the music, don't forget the music.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, D@mm said:

I wonder who keeps reacting negatively to my posts, probably the person who is on here 24/7 and has no life, I bet he answers in here very quickly, jeez man give it a rest.

FYI users can only down vote you once so your post currently has 8 people down voting 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I saw it the other way. He'd been chipping away at Brent for the entirety of the show and not once did he get anything back other than a desperate giggle or beg for affirmation. It was the first time Brent stood up to him and as a bully, he just didn't know how to take it. I thought it was very well done.

I agree with you. It was the shock Brent took a stand IMO.

• Paid Members

Breaking Bad is a great one.

i also really rated Ashes to Ashes at the time. It tied up and explained both itself and Life on Mars. It airedthe same weekend as the Lost Finale so at least one of them didn't disappoint.

The American Office had a pretty good ending, not as good as the original like. 

And Boy Meets World

Archived