General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

How highly did anyone rate Moses this time last year? Conte could coach the OX into being a fantastic player.

It's a good deal for all involved, though. Arsenal get a decent fee in (considering the contract length) ahead of likely taking a big financial hit from keeping Sanchez. For a player they might not miss too much, because I can't see them sticking with three at the back for much longer (it's not doing anything for them) and his position will be gone. Chelsea get a homegrown player who'll fit right into an already functioning unit at wing-back, while providing much needed cover elsewhere. And the Ox stands a good chance of winning titles and actually improving as a player.

Striker next, please!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If we get a repeat of the deadline day mayhem that was 2011, then I'm fully on-board. I know we ended up with more dross (Andre Santos, Park Chu Young) than quality (Arteta, Mertesacker), but my god that day was a run ride. Even bringing in Benayoun on loan added to the excitement.

I know football transfers are complex but can't help but feel this isn't good for Arsenal this late in the window losing players. Fair enough if it was at the start of the window as you could rebuild a team and have a pre-season. At the moment it could be a whole different lineup after the international break. If Liverpool sign Lemar after agreeing a fee for Keita then Liverpool will be very strong next season. I think OX will fit into Chelsea well as they are a powerful team, may be one that comes back to haunt Arsenal. 

I suppose Arsenal are best to just tear it all up and start again, no champions league this year so may as well just use this season to build/start again, Europa will help with any young players too. 

Archived