General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You know he's been at Swansea for the past year, right? Did well to be fair.

Yeah, just surprised  (or should I be?) that he never ended up here. There were people saying it was a done deal in 2015. 

Still, we never needed him. Do you know we've got the largest and most impressive collection of thanks but no thanks letters from some of the best attacking players Europe has ever had to offer? 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the player has the power here. If Lukaku wants to turn down United because he loves Chelsea and feels he has unfinished business there, good on him. Personally I'd love to see him at United and was over the moon when it looked like he was coming, but with Chelsea in the hunt and it now coming down to a straight choice for the player, I'm all but resigned to losing out to them.

Unfortunately, this probably means we'll lose De Gea to Real Madrid and overspend on Morata. A leap of faith in Rashford and/or Martial is likely beyond Mourinho. Under the current circumstances, I'd have loved him to experiment with those 2 up front until January then sign Griezmann, as it looks like Atletico will have Diego Costa in place by then.

• Paid Members

Given our record in the striker market, I could never turn my nose up at a player that will score the amount of goals Lukaku would score, but he wouldn't be my (realistic) first choice for a new striker. I'd prefer Belotti or Morata. But with how badly hijacking the Lukaku deal at this point would burn United- it would be fucking amazing!

There's no way they would have briefed the press so heavily and confidently over the last couple of days without it being 100% done, right?

• Paid Members

You're obviously not familiar with Ed Woodward's work, Cleetus! Don't suppose you want to relieve him of us like you did with that bald tosser Peter Kenyon, do you?

• Paid Members

I have absolutely no idea why other Chelsea fans keep banging on about Morata as if he's the second coming of Christ.  He's had one good (above goal every other game) scoring season statistically, which was this year while coming off the bench of the best team of the planet. 

Maybe he will be great. But would I rather have him leading the line than Costa or Lukaku? Absolutely not.

• Paid Members

BBC and Sky reporting that he's having a medical for United this weekend.United also announced it on their social media etc. Chelsea are getting burned for sitting on their hands for so long. Seriously, they've fucked this right up haven't they?

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I have absolutely no idea why other Chelsea fans keep banging on about Morata as if he's the second coming of Christ.  He's had one good (above goal every other game) scoring season statistically, which was this year while coming off the bench of the best team of the planet. 

Maybe he will be great. But would I rather have him leading the line than Costa or Lukaku? Absolutely not.

It would be a slight gamble for any leading club to have him as their lead striker because he hasn't started all that many games in his career. But he is a very good striker and I would be surprised if he wasn't a success.

• Paid Members

What about Belotti? Despite being a similar age, I know little about him compared to Morata- whom I've known of for years. The valuation of him is insanely high compared to the other strikers at the moment, and that's whilst playing for Torino of all clubs. He's had one really decent season, but there are more proven strikers out there at a similar age. Is he worth the hype or is it his agent drumming up talk?

• Paid Members

Belotti's benefitted from playing in a very attacking Torino team but he was excellent last season. He's the sort of striker Conte will like in his system as he won't go wandering deep at all. But much like Morata, might be a slight risk. For me, Aubameyang should be Chelsea's number one priority.

• Paid Members

Neves has now officially signed for us as well as Porto centre back Willy Boly on a season long loan with option to buy.

Ruddy is apparently close to signing after the Ikeme news, but we're sniffing around Jose Sa. Maybe next year.

Onto a striker now, Afobe has been ruled out, but the Aboubakar rumours keep coming up, he'd be a belting signing for a Championship team.

Without meaning to drag up old ground, a mate of mine reckons that the reason Wolves's new signing didn't play too much for Porto is that his playing bonus was three times his basic salary and they were so broke they couldn't afford to play him.  That can't be true, can it?  For three seasons?

1 minute ago, Teedy Kay said:

Nah, the reason he didn't get much game time was because in Nuno's style of footie compared to Lopetegui, Danilo was preferred early on and hit really good form.

He did mention that as it goes.  He reckons that he had an initial contract with loads of batshit clauses that kicked in after 50 appearances because Porto assumed he'd have been sold by then.  If that's true it does explain the limited appearances, coupled with the Portuguese Big Sam in charge.

Archived