General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We'll see. Apparently United have deeper pockets, in regards to his wage demands and what not. I'm just amazed the board decided to go all in, rather than wait to not get a mis-firing Griezmann again, in the summer. Needless to say, it's a brilliant deal if United get a player like Sanchez for only £30M and off-load a waste of a wage like Mkhitaryan at the same time.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, W35ty said:

How are Arsenal getting a transfer fee but Liverpool aren't for Can?

I thought if a player was in his last 6 months then there is no transfer fee.

EDIT: Or does the fee only happen if the player moves before the contract is up?

Can isn't being sold now, he is moving on a free at the end of the season. From January Juve, and other clubs (with exception of other English clubs I believe), are able to negotiate a contract with him to take effect after his Liverpool contract expires. He will remain at Liverpool until his contract expires in June, or whenever that technically is.

Sanchez on the other hand is being sold, as clubs want him now rather than in time for next season.

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

We'll see. Apparently United have deeper pockets, in regards to his wage demands and what not. I'm just amazed the board decided to go all in, rather than wait to not get a mis-firing Griezmann again, in the summer. Needless to say, it's a brilliant deal if United get a player like Sanchez for only £30M and off-load a waste of a wage like Mkhitaryan at the same time.

It's really not a brilliant deal. How old is he 29? He has 6 months on his contract left. £30m in transfer fee then probably that again in agent/signing fees then £18m a year. At best it's a fair deal.

• Paid Members

Considering the market and what the club would probably have to fork out for a Griezmann, it's very good (IMO). Plus, they're getting 200k off the wage bill at the same time (a player that's been good for a month), which will pay a chunk of the weekly wage Sanchez will command. A very good player for, all in, £40/60M is excellent (even with 6 months on the contract). It also means the club probably have a bit more money to play with in the summer. Griezmann may have cost the club over double what they'll fork out for Sanchez.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Will it be £30 million if Mkhitaryan is going the other direction? Or will his value be deducted?

I have no idea, I'd imagine his value would be deducted if that's even a viable option. We've asked for £35m for Sanchez so I doubt an offer along those lines would include Mhki.

• Paid Members

Mhki's been left out of the United squad, with Mourinho pretty much saying it's not a tactical decision. Looks like whatever happens, he's leaving. He so fucking good for a few months in the winter of 2016. He was always class in the Europa League as well. I mean he started the season off with more assists than anyone over the first 6 games ever. There's a class player in there. Only when he's off form, he hides and it takes a while for him to snap out of it. It's a shame. But if he does go to Arsenal, it's not like your getting Mikael Silvestre. He's a good player.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I mean he started the season off with more assists than anyone over the first 6 games ever. There's a class player in there. Only when he's off form, he hides and it takes a while for him to snap out of it. It's a shame.

Who does that remind me of?? Can't put my Mesut on it...

• Paid Members

Sadly, he's been mostly shit, though. It's a shame too, because at the very start of the season it looked like he'd finally adapted to the PL, looking like the player that bossed it at Dortmund - Lukaku, in particular, really benefited from him in the team. However, he seemed to wilt as soon as people were coming round to him being a big player, this season.

If you followed him in the Bundesliga, or even if you've stood up during the occasional moment of brilliance, it's hard not to regard his time at United as a massive let down. In this case, Jose's frustration is understandable.

Archived