General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

So, with Pulis sacked by WBA, looks like Butcher may get his wish...

Imagine if he rocks up at your place, with Gareth McAuley and Craig Dawson in tow. How tall is your tallest striker?

• Paid Members

Couldn't be worse than Keane and Williams at the moment, Brewster, much as that pains me to say.

We've got Smiling Oumar, who always looks like he’s being presented with an oversized cheque, at 5'9", Sandro at 5’7” and DCL at 6’. Tell you what though, I’d have some Jay Rodriguez all day...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

TP destroyed my love of WBA

Stuff like this gets my goat. We've got an owner systematically ruining our club with one spiteful decision after another. Not only are we not coming back but we're heading back to where we started and week by week there's no-one there to see it. And not only that but relative to some clubs, we're "lucky". Still, losing some games in the Premier League, eh? Boo hoo.

Silly sacking. West Brom deserve all they get now if they go down. Anyone who hires Pulis will know his style of football and the solidness/football that goes with it. They are a few wins away from mid-table anyway (as the league is tight) so not sure what the panic is about (from memory they have played Leicester/Southampton away, Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea in the last couple months).

They hire the one manager that can almost guarantee them not being a yo-yo club (which these days is even tougher to get out of the championship) and they sack him,   

• Paid Members

A large part of me would like Gary Megson, who's now caretaker manager, to get the gig full time for Ralphy's reaction (sorry Ralphy). Possibly the only man on the planet who is capable of playing a more turgid style of football than Pulis. His Bolton side were bad to the extent that I remember them vividly a decade later.

I'm a big TP fan. He's kept some right shite in the top division on no budget over the years and may well end up being snapped up by another Prem club by February (if Wales don't come in for him). 

• Paid Members

Aye, it's shit form. But it's a flesh wound. You're one of the better run clubs in the country, you've got a good squad that needs tweaking and if you do go down, you'll bounce back.

Fall out of love with your club for a good reason.

• Paid Members

That win percentage stat is such a shite reason to stop supporting a club. He would have needed to have won the grand total of TWO GAMES to be above his previous level. Know it was shit back end of last season, but that's hardly some sort of Herculean footballing odyssey. 

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42041923

Pulis' contrasting fortunes at West Brom

Premier League games only
  P W D L F A Win ratio
January 2015 to May 2017 94 29 27 38 96 121 30.9%
August 2017 to present 12 2 4 6 9 18 16.7%

ive said it before and i will say it again, unless you are a WBA fan and have to watch and endure his crap week in week out, you will not understand

A team that cant score or defend is one that will only go one way 

Probably the worst stats/argument I have ever seen. 

For one you cannot compare two and a bit years to a few months, of the 12 games Pulis has played this season (with an injured squad might I add) they have faced some difficult teams, any team outside the top six who plays Southampton & Leicester away, Chelsea, Man City & Arsenal (away) would do well to pick up a win. 

Attendances have only slightly dropped by 1,500 or so its hardly a massive decline, this could also include away fans, cup games etc. 

Possession in todays game doesn't mean as much and this has shown with the likes of Leicester winning the title.

The most important stat is that West Brom have become a stable club in the top flight and have finished comfortably in mid-table, I doubt any other manager will come in and better that to be honest. At the very least wait until the end of the season, do fans really think another manager will come in and make this squad play exciting sexy football? Its like Palace sacking Big Sam and expecting De Boer to change the playing style, that's not going to happen. 

• Paid Members

In Ralphy's defence (in wanting Pulis to be sacked, not falling out of love with your club, that's madness), he'd won 2 out of the last 20+. That's poor form and managers have been sacked for better results by clubs with similar expectations. If they felt he wasn't able to turn it around then so be it.

Maybe I'm being biased because I hate Tony Pulis. Never liked him in the first place but the Palace bonus payment row really soured me on him. Back to Mordor for you, king Orc. And your baseball cap.

• Paid Members

West Brom have always played been boring and played boring football. It must be something about the West Midlands. Whenever Birmingham, Wolves, Villa or West Brom are on I don't even consider popping to Rojadirecta.

Archived