Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick Soapdish

Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

304 posts in this topic

The hotel seems a step to far for me, I dont want to be hassled by starwars people 24/7 after spending a day in the heat wandering around a park. 

Im sure they will make a mint from it but a themed hotel would have suited me alot better. I wonder if uni will follow suit and have a harry potter experience hotel?

By the time 2020 rolls around 2 weeks wont be enough to see all the theme parks, 3 weeks will be where its at......good i hope the free DDP is still on or its going to get £££££££££

I think the idea of the hotel, from what ive read. Is that you will only stay there for a night or two and it'll be adjacent from, or easily accessible to the Star Wars land. I think the lack of windows will gave you a real feeling a being somewhere unique and distant. Particular if they have some kind of experience when entering the hotel that makes you feel like you've been transported somewhere. 

Probably not for me though, im more of an explorer than somebody who wants to spend five minutes talking to a bounty hunter with tentacles. 

3 hours ago, Van Dammer said:

I think the lack of windows will gave you a real feeling a being somewhere unique and distant. Particular if they have some kind of experience when entering the hotel that makes you feel like you've been transported somewhere. 

That's the idea isn't it, you're meant to be on a ship/be in transit between normality and the Star Wars universe.  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't stay in a room without a window as I'd feel uncomfortable at best or freak out at worst if I was in there overnight.  I'm not sure I'd want to test if my brain would be fooled by the space windows for that outlay in case I had a meltdown, which is rubbish as I'd like to give it a go.  Might be cheaper to try a Disney cruise with the virtual porthole first :-D

Whilst I was ok on the Hogwarts Express, that's only short and the brain wasn't particularly fooled.

Edited by johnnyboy

The immersive hotel thing sounds amazing to me, I'd definitely want to do that. I used to dream about things like this when I was younger and often wondered why they didn't exist already. The answer of course, is money. That's also why a lot of enthusiasm for this venture will turn to rage when it is eventually revealed just how prohibitively expensive it will end up being.