Presidential discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

As its election day in the US, its probably best to talk about the presidents of the World Wrestling Federation. The good and bad decisions. I'll start.

How do you allow Hogan to be stripped of the title in the same year that you allow Sgt Slaughter the remain the champion after Savage smacked the Warrior in the face? Its decisions like this that eventually got Gorilla Monsoon put in the chair. And what a shake up he made. Dropping a Sid vs Shawn match and replacing it with Razor and HBK in a ladder match. Proper crowd pleaser there. I always admired the power of Gorilla's external occipital protuberance when it came to decision making.

Gorilla was the best president, for me. He did not take any nonscene, as evident on the Monday Night Raw after Royal Rumble 96 when he stood up to the new big bastard in town, Vader.

But he also made fair decisions, like stripping Shawn Michaels from the Intercontinental title after getting his head kicked in by Syracuse thugs. He gave it to the number one contender Dean Douglas, which angered the fans to no end. But thank goodness he gave the public what they wanted, and instantly told Douglas to defend the belt against fan favourite Razor Ramon!

God I miss him.

• Paid Members

Objection!

Tunney explained that you can't overturn a result. However he had to strip Hogan of the title because he saw him cheat from two feet away with his own eyes. And he gave Hogan and Undertaker good numbers in the Rumble.

The Slaughter deal was different because there's no evidence he did anything wrong. He couldn't be held responsible for Savage's interference.

Jack Tunney is always going to go down as the greatest to me, simply for Sid finally pointing out how much of a crook he is at the Wrestlemania 8 press conference and declaring his bullshit decision to allow Hogan to go after the title to be, and I quote,

"BOGUS"

I know Shawn was more of a commissioner than president but it always annoyed me that he'd only come out once a millennia to overturn something like Debra not getting her knockers out and then leave the rest of the show to get on with it's mental corrupt decisions, run ins and argy bargy. In fact between that and throwing a spanner in the Corporations Royal Rumble 99 plans I can't think of anything else he did with the role. I know he was fucked off his nut on Charles and pills the whole time like and it was more of a case of that like, but still.

Archived