SCG's 2016 Draft - What do you WANT to see?

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Meltzer was saying a similar thing about Bayley the other day. In all fairness she's absolutely wasted down in NXT currently and could be doing big numbers  and making them more moeny on the main shows. lets hope she won't have lost much of that sparkle before she gets called up.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. If you've got a guy that can potentially bring you revenue by having him on the main roster, why would you be having him fuck about in development for? They need to make the most of him.

Because I would suggest they need to be very careful of taking out EVERYONE at the same time.

That's not to say Nakamura needs to stay there forever but if you're pulling out all these people you know sell tickets, and NXT is still meant to be a successful touring brand, then I'd just be very wary of it.

Plus actually I'm not sure it'd be the best idea to have too many new faces up on the main roster at the same time. Some might get lost in the shuffle when they could really do with a fair shot.

I don't see this happening but I want Smackdown to genuinely be an alternative brand to Raw like NXT is. It's almost like NXT is a self contained universe with entirely different feel. If they want Smackdown to succeed this time they should concentrate on that. How do they do that? Well if it were me I'd emulate NXT. The hardcore audience that watches NXT might notice but that's a fairly small portion of the audience and they already love it.

Samoa Joe is my number one draft pick. Wherever Cena is Joe needs to be. Those two would tare the house down. Joe strikes me as a perfect perennial main event heel right now. He's not THE guy but could do wonders for them at the top of card making people. Let's face it they need top heels now big time. Particularly with their utter refusal to turn Reigns.

It's such a shame they did that spot with Ambrose where he nicked Jericho's jacket. If the lights went up after the jacket had been stolen in the entrance way and it was Nakamura stood in the middle of the ring wearing it then that would be a hell of a reaction for the first day of the brand split.

Seeing as there will be two champions if reports are true I'd really like them to come up with a way to differentiate the titles. It's hard to swallow the idea that there can be two world champions. Something like how ROH had the Pure Championship and world title back in the day but without having a gimmick match attached to it.

I actually thought for a second it was randomly Nakamura, then realized it wouldn't make too much sense and fell into disappointment. 

Hopefully they will stagger the big NXT call ups over a few months at least, one at a time in the position they want them in. So one tag on RAW one on SD, same for women and I guess future main eventers and fillers. That would give us 10 new people up fairly quickly without getting in the way too much of others. Could even be less as I feel we will see more of Corbin and Crews after the split. 

• Paid Members

Exactly. If you've got a guy that can potentially bring you revenue by having him on the main roster, why would you be having him fuck about in development for? They need to make the most of him.

The only realistic concern would be him coming up, WWE managing to completely fuck it up through a shite debut segment, followed by piss poor writing, leading to wanky catch phrases and ultimately a shite stereotype comedy character in the space of 2 months.

Not saying they should keep him in NXT for too much longer, but let the draft circus die down a bit and bring him in with out being overshadowed or wasted.

I want to thank everybody for the contributions, we got to read many of them on the show, which is now available at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/5b49v4/SCG_Radio_89_-_Booking_the_2016_WWE_Draft.mp3

Join us as we attempt to book the 2016 WWE Draft! At your request, we're talking all about current events, looking at who should go to which show and why, the title situation, NXT call-ups, feuds and stories out of the gate, possible directions for WrestleMania 33 and much more. In addition, we get your thoughts on what you want to see out of this brand split, as we explore ways to make the shows different. A really interesting show breaking down what lies ahead in the world of WWE. Do we manage to pull it off? You be the judge! Check it out and let us know!

Kurt Angle for me.  I'm desperate to see him back in the WWE, was really disappointed they never put him in the Hall of Fame this year but that day will come.

For now he'd be brilliant alongside American Alpha. Chad Gable is a chip off the old block in and out of the ring. These two young athletes have the talent to go it alone but Angle would add so much to their dynamic.

I think my only fear (as I did think the same thing), would be that you get the "big star outshines new guys" dynamic rather than it being focused on Jordan and Gable. But he is far better on the outside rather than risking injury, so if done right I think it'd be awesome.

I think my only fear (as I did think the same thing), would be that you get the "big star outshines new guys" dynamic rather than it being focused on Jordan and Gable. But he is far better on the outside rather than risking injury, so if done right I think it'd be awesome.

Totally agree with that. I don't foresee Kurt Angle ever wrestling in a WWE ring again but he'd be a tremendous asset as a manger or on screen authority. It's that reason I think if paired with American Alpha the focus would be on Jordan and Gable shining and not playing second fiddle like Haas and Benjamin did.

Totally agree with that. I don't foresee Kurt Angle ever wrestling in a WWE ring again but he'd be a tremendous asset as a manger or on screen authority. It's that reason I think if paired with American Alpha the focus would be on Jordan and Gable shining and not playing second fiddle like Haas and Benjamin did.

I'm not being funny mate, but we're not talking about Paul Ellering here. Its Kurt Angle, as soon as his original music hits; the light will be on him.

Archived