WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Just bought Skyrim on deal of the week for 15 quid. Any tips before I start playing or should I just jump in? The only other one of these games iv'e played was oblivion.

Yeah, quit your job and say goodbye to your family.

This. Your real family aren't as good as the Dark Brotherhood, anyway.

Agreed, one tip I would give tho is avoid the "I will just finish off this quest" mentality, Skyrim quests have a nasty habbit of lasting 30+ mins so if you have something else to do; stop, SAVE, turn off. The quests will still be there when you come back.

Pretty sure I'm going to know the answer to this because it's EA and you know, they're cunts, but I'm going to buy Fifa 12 today because I don't find it all that different from 13 and is considerably cheaper, but will I be able to download the latest squads so it is all up to date with the current transfers? And if not, is there another method that is quicker than doing it all manually? I have a PS3 if that helps.

Pretty sure I'm going to know the answer to this because it's EA and you know, they're cunts, but I'm going to buy Fifa 12 today because I don't find it all that different from 13 and is considerably cheaper, but will I be able to download the latest squads so it is all up to date with the current transfers? And if not, is there another method that is quicker than doing it all manually? I have a PS3 if that helps.

I think they stop updating it at the end of the current season, to get people to buy the new version.

Anyone else been playing the new Tomb Raider? I'm very impressed with it. They've managed to import the big production value of Uncharted without making it just feel like Uncharted with Lara croft in it. It's plays so fluidly and is beautiful to look at. The upgrade system is great as well and fits in very well with the flow of the game. I'm really enjoying it.

Edited by Harvey Dent

I really want to get Sim City but I'm not sure I have the time available to dedicate to it that it deserves. Some of the pictures and stories I've been reading of players various regions make me want to play it right now, but the fact that it's apparently

I worked on Sim City when I was at EA. The main problem I had with it, and it's still an issue for me now it's out, is that the map is too small. It's smaller than Sim City 4!

Anyone else been playing the new Tomb Raider? I'm very impressed with it. They've managed to import the big production value of Uncharted without making it just feel like Uncharted with Lara croft in it. It's plays so fluidly and is beautiful to look at. The upgrade system is great as well and fits in very well with the flow of the game. I'm really enjoying it.

Just want to echo the love for Tomb Raider great game so far even though hunting is basically pointless outside of one very early story mission and I think some trophy whoring.

Fire fights with enemies can get really tense at times which is something I find missing from a lot of action games these days and the tomb raiding aspect of the game is pretty fun though not very taxing on the puzzle front to be honest.

EDIT

What a fucking laugh been having a good time with the game only to get hit with a game killing glitch (basically something went wrong and I can't proceed any further) and from what little I have been able to dig up online the only solution is to either wait for a patch or start over and I say bollocks to that I'm trading it in while I can get something decent for it.

This is the glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dwB-3RLwV4

Edited by The King Of Swing

I found the 4th stone, now I'm just wandering really. Not sure what I do, and navi keeps banging on about finding somebody to talk to who may know more... I found this building "Temple of Thieves" or something to that extent. Lot's of prison guards. Freed two people... and now I'm just wandering again.