WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Ugh, I am being screwed by Zavvi. On Black Friday I bought a 1TB Xbox One with Rise of the Tomb Raider and an extra controller for £289 and now, because their website/system is so useless, they're advising me to cancel the order. They apparently can't process payment (even though my card works fine and there's money in the account) and there's literally no button on the website that would allow me to add a new card*. And the customer service is so bad I honestly feel as if I'm being trolled into cancelling so they don't have to honour the price. Super frustrating.

Now I can't find a deal that won't cost me at least another £40 to get the same things.

Can anyone recommend any shops that are cheap/reliable I could check? I use Shopto, Simplygames and Amazon usually.

*There usually is. I've seen it. But now it won't come up and the problem's apparently so common that it's in their FAQ section.

I am cursed. After three weeks of waiting, Zavvi eventually cancelled my Xbox order, so I ordered one from Shopto, it arrived today and it doesn't recognise any discs at all. I've tried every little trick or piece of advice I've been able to find online so far, but nothing has helped.

If anyone has any experience with an Xbox One not recognising any discs and knows anything that could help, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to have to send it to Microsoft tomorrow and be without it over the whole holidays.

I am cursed. After three weeks of waiting, Zavvi eventually cancelled my Xbox order, so I ordered one from Shopto, it arrived today and it doesn't recognise any discs at all. I've tried every little trick or piece of advice I've been able to find online so far, but nothing has helped.

If anyone has any experience with an Xbox One not recognising any discs and knows anything that could help, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to have to send it to Microsoft tomorrow and be without it over the whole holidays.

Dont't contact Microsoft. I had the exact same problem with a brand new Xbox One purchased from shopto. Rang them up and courier came the next day to pick it up. Had to harrass them for 2 days when they got it to immediately send a replacement as they were claiming I hadnt sent the wires back even though the shopto assistant on the phone said just keep the wires controller and power packand send back the console

Alright. Cheers for the thoughts. I think I'm just going to send it to get repaired. Shopto have always been good in the past, but this last month has just made me sick to death of dealing with retailers. I'm paranoid they'll send a replacement and have exactly the same issue. At least this way I should be getting back a reliable machine (maybe with a little something extra thrown in, based on what I've read from some people online). At least I haven't sold my 360 yet and I'll have something to play with my family over Christmas.

Alright. Cheers for the thoughts. I think I'm just going to send it to get repaired. Shopto have always been good in the past, but this last month has just made me sick to death of dealing with retailers. I'm paranoid they'll send a replacement and have exactly the same issue. At least this way I should be getting back a reliable machine (maybe with a little something extra thrown in, based on what I've read from some people online). At least I haven't sold my 360 yet and I'll have something to play with my family over Christmas.

Your daft to do that. Microsoft will either repair it or send a reconditioned one and waiting time is between 14 to 21 days. With Shopto if you ring them tomorrow morning, courier to pick it up next day you would be sorted with a new one by around the 28th

I just played a free Steam game called Emily is Away. It all takes place over IM chats with a girl called Emily over a few years as you go from school friends to different colleges. It only takes about half an hour and it tickles the nostalgia for anyone who grew up in the AIM/MSN days. It's quite sad though and will probably get you reflecting about your own life, if you've got a soul.

• Paid Members

Take the disc out, put it back in and hold onto it as the Xbox tries to grab it for a second then release it. No idea why it works but it recognises the disc 100% of the time if you do it.