WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Fallout is just too big for me to get involved with. To my shame, I have never properly got back in to Witcher 3 for the same reasons - it's just too daunting and there's too much.

Totally get what you mean. I can get completely bogged down with side missions in Skyrim, Fallout and Witcher. It's hard to keep up with them. Then you end up just blitzing a load just to clear them, and don't take any notice of what actually happened in the mission.

How about Far Cry 4? Open world, but mostly one main storyline/mission and you won't get inundated with too many side missions along the way. Likewise with the Assasin's Creed games. Black Flag was brilliant and I'll definitely be getting Syndicate as it's set in Victorian London. I will lose my shit if I find my office in the game.

• Moderators

I got Black Flag and was quite excited but found it pretty boring and didn't get far with it. The Assassin's Creed games are just too much of the same thing over and over for me.

Farcry could be a good shout. Also, I've never played a Tomb Raider game, but will check that out.. they're a mix of combat and puzzles, right? I quite like the sound of that. In my head I'm thinking something like the Prince of Persia games, which I loved. I wish they'd make a new one of them.

• Paid Members

I got Black Flag and was quite excited but found it pretty boring and didn't get far with it. The Assassin's Creed games are just too much of the same thing over and over for me. Farcry could be a good shout. Also, I've never played a Tomb Raider game, but will check that out.. they're a mix of combat and puzzles, right? I quite like the sound of that. In my head I'm thinking something like the Prince of Persia games, which I loved. I wish they'd make a new one of them.

The last Tomb Raider game was basically just Uncharted with Lara Croft in it (that's not really a bad thing) Lots of action set pieces, not too taxing but good fun. Not read any reviews of the new one but I'm hoping for a few more puzzles

Assassin's Creed boils my piss. They are some of the most repetitive games i've ever played, with each mission being essentially the same. Everyone I talk to seems to think they are amazing though

• Paid Members

I haven't really played any Assassin's Creed game between II and Black Flag because as you say, it's very repetitive. That's why I liked Black Flag, because there's a lot more to it than just another AC game (after a short while of playing it). Sailing and combat at sea is fun, especially when you have to take out a fort. Exploring the seas and finding little treasure islands I enjoyed the most, deep sea diving was a nice little addition. Plus if you get the app, you can control your fleet using your mobile, which is handy as you can earn some money for your character to spend on ship upgrades.

• Moderators

The thing is with AC, I really enjoyed the first couple. And I think I would be ok with the series being a bit samey if it had made improvements because, kinda like a good Spiderman game, my favourite parts were just aimlessly running and jumping around the city.

But Black Flag really didn't seem to have built on what I'd played before at all, so I can't imagine how anyone slogged through the 20 AC titles released in between. If the fluidity of the free running had been improved I'd be down (and presumably they'd be able to make interesting new missions as a result of the improved mechanics), but it seems all they've done is bolt on various other rubbish non-core uninteresting facets to the game instead like customising your pirate ship or whatever.

Edit as I was posting at the same time you were writing Punk: I guess that is the element of subjectivity, in that you enjoyed the things they added in Blag Flag, but to me they weren't what I wanted from the game.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I've got Fallout on Xbone, I've found the frame rate is quite jittery but otherwise really enjoying the game so far. As much as I enjoy it though, it just makes me want a new Elder Scrolls.

I got Black Ops 3 the other day as it was cheap with the shopping and I had Nectar points to use. Haven't played it much but it seems fun.

Also have the Uncharted collection rented from Boomerang which is awesome. I'm on the third game now, they've done a great job on the remaster.

All this with Battlefront to come next week as well, I'm never gonna have the time to play them all.

• Paid Members

DO NOT BUY THE PIPBOY VERSION.

My brother bought it as he's into all his special additions to add to his gaming display cabinet piece of crap. It's as cheap as they come. The base feels like it's made from the cheapes of plastic. The knobs aren't on there very well. They're quite loose. The faux leather inside is pretty low quality.

Not that you'd be expecting the world from something like this, but something that looked a bit nicer for what? The £60 that it cost excluding the game.

Anyway, I'm not much of a Fallout fan, but I couldn't resist trying it on.

11218940_10153615098081550_1585945315775

EDIT: Spoilered the photo due to it being the size of the sun!

Edited by Bettencourt

• Paid Members

Not bothered with Fallout simply because I've never played the previous ones and it's such a huge game I just cba. Battlefront next week though. That's going to be fun. I only got to briefly play the beta and it was great.

BT have finally reconnected my broadband but then my Xbox decided to fuck up so I had to factory reset and now I have to redownoad all my games!