UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only met a few UFC fighters and they have all been a pleasure to speak to apart from one and that is Bisping. Despite his face turn in the media I will always hope he loses. 

The guys who were absolute gents were John Dodson, Court McGee and UKFF favourite Greg Jackson. Marcus Brimmage has a twin brother who I met who was also a gent. I'm sure Marcus is too.

I've only met a few UFC fighters and they have all been a pleasure to speak to apart from one and that is Bisping. Despite his face turn in the media I will always hope he loses. 

The guys who were absolute gents were John Dodson, Court McGee and UKFF favourite Greg Jackson. Marcus Brimmage has a twin brother who I met who was also a gent. I'm sure Marcus is too.

Brimmage is a maniac. He trained at the gym I attend before his fight in Glasgow and is one of the most fun-loving, off the wall characters ever. His love of all things movies and comic books was astounding.

• Paid Members

I've said it before, but the only UFC fighter I've met who was a dickhead was Norman Parke. Chavvy twat. Always hope he loses.

I've met Conor twice. He was unbelievably nice both times. The first time was in Manchester, when loads of people were turned away from the weigh ins of Machida vs Munoz, so he and Bisping came out and gave tickets away, chatted, signed autographs and posed for photos with every single fan who wanted one. Conor seemed ecstatic with the reaction he received. He was like an excited kid, who couldn't believe people knew who he was. He couldn't have thanked everyone enough.

Then at the Gustaffson vs. Manuwa show, when everyone was leaving, he stayed for ages, again posing for photos, signing autographs and chatting to anyone who had stayed behind. The security would keep asking him to wrap it up and he'd refuse to stop until he'd seen to everyone. Awesome guy. The fact that he went on to become one of the best things to ever happen to the sport is just the icing on the cake.

• Paid Members

Only just had chance to watch the full McGregor vs Diaz press conference from the other day. Loved the shit out of it. Nothing I can add that hasn't been said.

Best thing is, we'll get another press conference next week as well, the usual fight week press conference is usually on the Thursday the week of the fight. If I was Dana or Lorenzo, I'd sit Nick up there with Nate for that one. And Kavanagh up there with McGregor. The only way it'll top the one they did this week is adding Kavanagh and Nick into the mix. That would be amazing. The contrast of McGregor ripping Nate to shreds, Nate blurting out 'motherfucker' and 'steroids' at random points then adding in Kavanagh for some more intelligent quotes and Nick Diaz for some batshit quotes. You've got the best press conference ever.

But they'll just stick Holm and Tate up there and no-one will ask them anything because it's the McGregor vs Diaz show.

Only just had chance to watch the full McGregor vs Diaz press conference from the other day. Loved the shit out of it. Nothing I can add that hasn't been said.

Best thing is, we'll get another press conference next week as well, the usual fight week press conference is usually on the Thursday the week of the fight. If I was Dana or Lorenzo, I'd sit Nick up there with Nate for that one. And Kavanagh up there with McGregor. The only way it'll top the one they did this week is adding Kavanagh and Nick into the mix. That would be amazing. The contrast of McGregor ripping Nate to shreds, Nate blurting out 'motherfucker' and 'steroids' at random points then adding in Kavanagh for some more intelligent quotes and Nick Diaz for some batshit quotes. You've got the best press conference ever.

But they'll just stick Holm and Tate up there and no-one will ask them anything because it's the McGregor vs Diaz show.

Let's hope McGregor doesn't do anything else to incite the Cholo's who have threatened to shoot him.

• Paid Members

He won't give a fuck. Remember that Q & A he did in Brazil promoting the Aldo fight? That had a real feeling that it could turn nasty any minute and McGregor not only didn't care, he actually tried to goad them more. Doing the Vince McMahon strut around the stage while thousands of angry Brazilians shouted 'You're gonna die' at him.

kcbQ2sS.jpg

• Paid Members

On the topic of GAD, Ariel Helwani tells a brilliant story about him on this week's MMA Hour. Speaking about the last time he was in London for UFC 120, Ariel explains that GAD gave him a lift to wherever they were going. During the car journey GAD was telling Ariel what a huge deal he was in the UK, being the number 1 MMA journalist in the country, and how he was always getting recognised in the streets. Ariel said the moment they stopped the car and got out at a petrol station people were immediately recognising Ariel, whilst having absolutely no idea who GAD was. Brilliant. I think the reason I like that story so much is because I've seen GAD's desperate face when he thinks or hopes he's going to be recognised. I spotted him pulling that very same face at yesteray's weigh ins. He pots about, staring everyone in the eye, borderline pleading with them to stop him and ask for a photo. No thanks, you floppy haired berk. I blanked him doing it to me yesterday. I wanted a quick chat with Ariel, who was behind him. Some things never change.

Archived