Not so common sports you play

Herne's Son

• Paid Members

I play badmington once or twice a week and the same goes for squash. I've been doing so for around 4-5 months and although still learning a lot, I love them both, providing you play against someone of similar ability to start with.

I also work with kids with disabilities so tend to play quite a bit of blind football and boccia.

Any type of cycling/mountain biking is as good a sport as any to take up. Costs barely anything after your initial setup and you can do it solo or socially. Keeps you fit, you're outside and you can do it in all weathers. Hardly uncommon of course but it's worth thinking about if you're looking for a new sport.

As far as not so common sports go, ultimate frisbee seems to be getting popular, at least in the States. We used to play with similar rules years ago before we knew it was a thing and it was great fun. YouTube videos of ultimate frisbee are oddly entertaining.

Cycling inexpensive? I never seen to stop spending money on new things , it's addictive

I would recommend darts as it's something you can play/practice on your own or with a mate. It's very cheap to get going, a good board and good set of darts should leave you change from £40. If you get right into it there are leagues and tournaments in most major cities on a weekly basis.

• Paid Members

I used to be quite good at Badminton and still manage to play the odd game. Played for my school and a few games for my old college.

Used to do cycling until some nutter put a string across the cyclepath and I went flying. Put the fear in me.

I play ultimate frisbee.  Well, I did until I broke my wrist playing it a few months ago which is only now starting to heal.

It actually stopped being fun not long before my injury, so I'm not sure I'll start playing again when I'm fit.  Even though we're the only team we've been able to find within a reasonable distance, half of the chaps playing are convinced we'll have a fixture soon and have started dedicating the first half hour to practice throws etc.  The problem there is that nobody has a fucking clue what they are talking about, so it mainly becomes a session of trying things they've seen on Youtube.

Darts is a real sport for all.

"By the people, for the people." Barry Hearn (or something like that)

But yes, its a great sport to get into.  We used to have a league and knock-out style cup tournament at work at one of my old places and it was great fun.

A friend of mine (actually, an ex-colleague from above mentioned job) has got into Korfball over the last year or so.  I'm not exactly sure what it is but it sounds like a kind of mixed-gender netball. he loves it and always raves about it, could be worth checking out.

• Paid Members

Played ultimate (what the sports real name is, which is even worse) all through uni and then for fun after. Managed to play a couple of international tournaments (not because of ability, anyone could enter) When my knee heals I'm looking to play again in a fun team.

Tried dodgeball at uni, but didn't stick with it. This was the sport is in absolutely nascence in the country, the team ended up doing very well and being on Ant and Dec

Archived