What Next For Sting?

IronSheik

The speech on Raw was a thank you to the fans I'm sure, and what he said about them having nothing else for him I can believe, you can tell that was Sting talking and not reading from a script. It's like they are fucking jealous of him and what he can really bring.

Maybe he was just too over for them to handle, and proved at WM he can still go in the ring. I doubt Sting cares about the WCW vs WWE shit that they forced upon the storyline tbh.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The speech on Raw was a thank you to the fans I'm sure, and what he said about them having nothing else for him I can believe, you can tell that was Sting talking and not reading from a script. It's like they are fucking jealous of him and what he can really bring.

Maybe he was just too over for them to handle, and proved at WM he can still go in the ring. I doubt Sting cares about the WCW vs WWE shit that they forced upon the storyline tbh.

Totally agree, when Sting was saying "people were asking him what it felt like being at wrestlemania" and he said things like normal,felt right at home,what he is use to etc etc i thought Stings trying to say these shows are the norm for him. He wasnt a stranger coming into the WWE he's bloody Sting.

Like you say maybe they didnt like how Sting was favoured to WWE guys. They wanted to remind the fans that went crazy over him that the WWE. won. Yeah we know all that but Stings still awesome regardless

I really hope he dosent come back apart from the hall of fame, a big part of me wishes he hadnt of bothered with the wwe aswell

Not buying all this 'the young kids don't get him' stuff.

My 12-year old son & nephew both loved him at Mania. Even before that they both said how much they were looking forward to seeing Sting & listed him second only to Roman Reigns.

This was simply based on a little of what they've seen/heard about Sting of old in addition to the pre-Mania hype. He's a character that carries a level of intrigue & 'freak' appeal so used properly can be a star/special attraction in WWE.

Incidentally, I hated the finish to their match. It just smacked of Vince getting his final 'screw you, WCW' when in reality surely most cared more about what his appearance at Mania represented rather than who he once represented 14+ years ago.

I think before Sting made his debut you could of debated whether kids or new fans would know who he is. But his WWE run blew all that talk out of the water. Whenever Sting appeared crowds went wild for him.

Christ, from his post Raw speech - particularly - "just happy to be part of WM" and "I'll be waiting for wwe to call me". Then I wouldn't be surprised if he was working wwe magazine next.

In all seriousness I think he'll piss off and come back around Survivor Series time. Which is a shame. He should have a good active year.

I don't understand how people in this thread are thinking WWE were annoyed at Sting being cheered so much and the WWE guys being booed. The WWE guys were portrayed as heels. HBK was cheating to help out the top heel HHH. Of course he's going to be booed.

HHH was obviously going to win, he's been with WWE most of his career, why should a guy who has alluded the WWE for so long get the big win on the stage? Also the way HHH won kept Sting looking strong, he sneakily smashed him over the face with a sledge hammer whilst getting dominated by Sting. 

The match proved Sting can still 'go' so people in this thread wanting him to stay home and just wait for the HOF next year shows how fickle us wrestling fans can be. He only has a few years (if that) left of his shelf life so WWE and Sting should milk it for all they can. WWE clearly respect Sting for the way they built him up before Mania. How is JBLs commentary during Sting's match different to his commentary for Roman Reigns match, he was putting Roman down too if I remember correctly.

I hope Sting sticks around. 

I usually get skeptical when fans and talent whine about guys "being held back" or "buried" because the vast majority of times Titan do what's right for business.

BUT, the one exception seems to be WCW related talent where it's almost undeniable that they seem to be very protective of WWE originals and shit on any concept / character that was WCW made.

Apart from the wishy washy Network exclusive post Raw segment, everything else has been orchestrated well so far, so hopefully that continues. FUCKIN LOVE THE SRINGER MAN!!!!!!

• Paid Members

Not getting the logic up there - it doesn't matter if HHH has been with WWE all his career (which isn't strictly true, anyway). Goldberg came in after having eluded WWE for a few years, and got the win over Lesnar, who was WWE-made through and through. 

Should Sting have got the win? I don't know - Trips does need the odd win to keep him a threat. But then, should it have come at the expense of the only elite guy never to have wrestled in WWE on his debut? From what I gather, it doesn't really sound like he suffered any loss of popularity or aura from the nature of the defeat, so this was probably the best result. Also gave them some breathing space to give 'Taker a win and thus a means of proving he's not on a slide, so that he could potentially face Sting next year and thus have some doubt over the result then.

I don't even mind HHH winning. In fact I thought it made sense with having him win as he had no leverage in the feud up until that point. I thought maybe have HHH get a dodgy win and set up a rematch where Sting got revenge. It was the stupid handshake afterwards that bothered me. Even a kid can see why that is wrong. Why on earth would you shake the hand of someone who's cheated like hell to beat you, culminating in taking your head off with a sledgehammer? It made him look so weak. And I know the WWE doesn't care or doesn't expect fans to remember, but I was completely against then NWO coming out to help Sting... That just defied historical logic and convinced me that fact Vince wanted to make it all about WCW vs WWE.

I love Sting. I'd say he's my favourite of all time. I'm not really sure if I want to see him wrestle again now though. I was buzzing for him, I absolutely loved seeing him get his WrestleMania moment, but after the burial on commentary and handshake I'm very concerned with what else they will do with him if he's used as a wrestler again.

Archived