Wrestlers in Movies/Movies about Wrestling

WWFChilli

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kerry Von Erich was in Problem Child. it was many years ago that I saw it so I can't remember if it was a prominent role, I just remember being amazed to see the Texas Tornado on screen

Just a short appearance when the film's bad guy is pumping iron in the prison gym. One line at best.

• Paid Members

That was really terrible. I tracked it down as Sal off the Howard Stern show was going on about it as he and Beetlejuice are in it. Quite cool when Lawler showed up as the cop, but didn't save the movie unfortunatly.

Heres some that might not be as obvious

Night and the City is probably my favourite wrestling film ever stars Stanislaus Zbyszko and Mike Mazurki

speaking of Mike Mazurki he made a ton of films from 1930s-1990s including Some Like It Hot, Around the World in Eighty Days, Dick Tracy and It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

Also theres Woody Strode who wrestled briefly before becoming a big Hollywood star.

Kola Kwariani had a pretty decent role in Stanley Kubricks The Killing

Namigoro Rashomon features quiet a bit in Yojimbo

Rikidozan A Hero Extraordinary has a featured role for Keji Muto as well as smaller roles for others including Jun Akiyama, Bart Gunn and Rick Steiner

Hercules Cortez is one of the main players in Kill Them All and Come Back Alone

although not a featured role Haystacks Coulhoun appears in Requiem For a Heavyweight

Freddie Blassie in My Breakfast With Blassie

Tor Johnson featured in plenty of Ed Wood films

Jeep Swensen in Batman and Robin

Boogie Man in Any Given Sunday

Ian Campbell in The Wicker Man

Alex Karras as Mongo in Blazing Saddles

Archived