Google Sucks

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

Has anyone else lost the ability to post in Chrome?

The box for adding replies (both Fast and Full) is just not showing up on my work laptop. Fine in Firefox.. Haven't checked on my home PC as yet as I've only noticed it today, but I was wondering if this is an isolated or widespread issue.

• Paid Members

The new Microsoft browser (which they're calling Spartan right now) which is launching with Windows 10 looks alright. I'm going to give that a go when I get my free W10 upgrade (anyone with Windows 7 upwards can get a free upgrade to W10 on release in the first year.)

• Awards Moderator

Chrome has really fallen off recently. Pisses me off, because I like that it's linked with all my devices and accounts for shit. I'll just keep putting up with it getting worse and worse :(

Really not seeing this myself and I use it across 5 devices in a week.

Real silly IT suggestion but have you tried removing it, Spyware scan, reinstall?

PS for those who like to live life on the edge seek out Canary, the Chrome beta build. Full of weird features that often don't make it to the public release.

• Moderators

They've had persistent font sizing issues on mobile devices for years now that they still haven't fixed. Sloppy!

Tbf, I also use it across 5 devices and the two main persisiting issues are this new one on my work laptop and the font issue on mobile. But it does have other niggly problems that come and go and really shouldn't be an issue and aren't problems I've experienced with Firefox!

I'll try removing and reinstalling Chrome but I can't run any spyware scanning as my work laptop is locked down to an extent.

• Moderators

Yeah not a fan of Chrome here either. Over the last couple of years I think Google has taken a major nose dive in terms of product quality and general annoyance.

The only reason I use Chrome right now is that my company uses some Google App stuff. So I have to access things via my work account for that, but I also have my own personal account for Gmail. Of course, you can't just be signed in both at the same time, hence why I have to use separate browsers for that.

Lets also talk about Google+. What a massive pile of shit. Worse still that you seemingly HAVE to be on there. Like I said, I have a work and personal account, which means I get people searching for me and adding me on both accounts. Completely pointless.

Also Hangouts have become really crap recently. Extremely hard to tell when someone wants to do a Hangout, there's no notifications unless you stare at the screen.

• Awards Moderator

The only reason I use Chrome right now is that my company uses some Google App stuff. So I have to access things via my work account for that, but I also have my own personal account for Gmail. Of course, you can't just be signed in both at the same time, hence why I have to use separate browsers for that.

I can have 3 accounts signed in simultaneously, including work. Is it a specific restriction in your office?

Archived