The Christmas 2014 Wrestling Thread

The Reverend

So Christmas is just about upon us so as a bit of fun here's a thread for all your Festive Wrestling activities. Presents and general viewing.

I've not asked for anything specific Wrestling wise for Christmas this year but as the WWE encyclopedia was at a bargain price in WH Smiths this year, I'm bound to end up with it (despite already owning it)

Viewing wise I've got a shed load of new releases to get through - The new Warrior release, OMG: Vol 2, Heyman.

So how about everyone else?

Ive got 6 Rob Schamberger prints off the kids. I know Im getting a Daniel Bryan and Hogan one, the others are a surprise, which is a novelty at my age.

Wife's getting me the Wrestlemania book.

Be the first Christmas I can remember where I haven't just ordered DVDs and have everyone give me the cash for them.

I think I am getting the Randy Savage Bluray for Xmas this year, so that'll probably be my viewing sorted for New Years Eve when I put my feet up and have a few drinks at home.

And seeing as it's Christmas, here's the best Christmas related promo ever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZIE07WZwY

'On the night Test faces the Great One, this is what he'll seeee....'  :D

I got myself the Progress Chapters 1-10 boxset. Just got started on Chapter 3. Bought Chapter 14 just to see Joe v Rampage. Was hooked instantly. So this is just what I needed to catch up!

I got this boxset as well, and I too watched Chapter 3 a couple of nights ago. Really looking forward to seeing how Jimmy Havocs character evolves over the shows (also bought 11 and 12 to bring me right up to date, cos 13 is when I started going to the shows live).

My wrestling viewing for the Christmas/New Year period is thanks to this place- someone posted the "100 matches to see before you die" article from WWE.com, and I've copy and pasted the list into a Word document. I'm watching a few matches a day, there's a nice mix of classics I love watching and gems I have never seen. Thinking I'll need a binge day at some point as I'm only up to 94 (starting from 100)- Cactus Jack vs. Triple H, Raw September 1997.

The only thing I know for sure I'm getting, because the receipt was stuck on the front of the box when delivered, is The Simpsons 25th Anniversary Bret Hart figure.

I'm hoping for a few of the blu ray sets I'm yet to own like the two Attitude Era sets, the Randy Savage documentary, the Warrior set and so on. Also want the Jericho book and the Daniel Bryan and Hulk Hogan Funkos

• Paid Members

Having not bought anything wrestling related as gifts for about ten years, I've bought two this year!

My little nephew has got into it so I've got him the World Heavyweight Title belt.

My brothers have also both got back into it after a decades lapse so I've bought one of them the Bret Hart dungeon blu ray. Mentioned it in another thread. It says on the back Bret is fighting "Dre the Giant".

I just bought the Streak blu ray (thanks to PurpleMonkey's WM27 review). I should have asked for it for Xmas but I'm too impatient.

Archived