Glen A. Larson has died

Surf Digby

• Paid Members

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/battlestar-galactica-creator-glen-a-larson-dies-age-77/

If you grew up in the late 70s and early 80s, then you watched shows made by Glen A. Larson. That's just how it was. If you were into sci-fi, then you watched several shows made by Glen A. Larson. He was quite possibly the first non-actors name that I started noticing in the credits of a TV show, because a) he made so many shows that I watched, and b) his name was always in pretty big lettering.

I've no idea if his productions were big budget, or he was just skilled in making them look it, but shows like Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers looked every bit as good as the likes of Star Trek.

He understood the power of a good gimmick too. Red swooshy lights worked so well the Cylon Centurions (with their robo-disco voices) that he reused them in Knight Rider. Twiki and his "Bidi bidi bidi" shenanigans.

Coincidentally, my Automan DVD arrived today.

That's a shame. 

Quincy ME, Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica are among my favourite TV shows ever

Chuck in Knightrider, The Fall Guy, The Six Million Dollar Man and then, Boom! Right in the Childhood.

I swear that if you were a child of the 1980's or liked certain shows, that there is pretty much nothing left worth celebrating from that era. May as well pretend it never happened :p

Archived