Most Disappointing Wrestlers in History

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

It's a shame Test ended up becoming that eras Cesaro. In late 99 the crowd were really into him and I spent the next two years thinking he was destined to be WWE champion. I was a huge fan, but looking back it's clear he wasn't better than where he ended up. Certainly, in an era where you've got big cocks in the dressing room, he's giving it a tug before the shower.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wish you were right Steak, I really do because I thought Umaga was boss, but toward the end of his career WWE had started to cool on him quite a bit. Or was that directly related to his personal problems?

Anyway, sadly I think there's a good chance we could add his cousin Roman to this list someday. I hope not.

• Moderators

It's BUTCHI!

Like a cross between Butch Reed and Power Uti. And also, the man with the old man's voice was dead wrong about Windham. In 86 he was being slotted into those positions back in Battle of the Belts in Florida to WHITE WHITE WHITE hot heat, and no-one was saying he'd be the man, just not the man he could have been. Indeed, while he was saying people are looking back and putting Windham in "you had Flair and he was the man" I don't think he considered how white hot Windham was in 87 taking Flair to the limit, especially the Worldwide bout. He was actually orating from his 'oop. I mean, for someone who likes his views as the gospel so much, I can't believe he missed the "turn 'em heel, feud 'em with their mentor Dusty" strand which occured at Windham's apex in '88 which Big Dust did several times. If TA didn't wrap himself around a lampost it would have happened to him sooner or later.

I think I've pronounced your name differently every time I've said it at this point, how can I still be off the mark >_> So, for some clarification, Butch-eye, not Butch-ee or Boo-chee?

My own opinion on Windham, and others like Luger fit this bill too, is that as long as they were around, nobody was getting over Dusty and Flair since Dusty was going to revolve anything hot around himself, and Flair was a staple that had enough support as Champion to keep him there until the "right guy" was ready, which was an excuse for Dusty never to consistently push a babyface to mean more than him. Windham, Luger and Sting were all hot enough at different points (some for longer than others) to take the reigns.

Archived