Most Disappointing Wrestlers in History

Liam O'Rourke

John Cena can't work? It is pretty obvious that a guy who has been on top of the WWE food chain for a decade can work. He is reliable, safe and can put on great matches. Add his popularity and merchandise sales to that mix. If anything, John Cena is underrated.

I do not see how Great Khali can disappoint either. What expectations did he not live up to? 5* matches? Khali is very good at being tall, and no other WWE superstar is able to "out tall" him at the moment. Khali is also seen as a great WWE representative in India, which is a big market.

Sin Cara is an obvious disappointment. He was pushed from the get go and failed at being as great as Mistico, so he did not live up to the high expectations.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe we've got to 4 pages and Alberto Del Rio has not been mentioned.

He got 5 star treatment in pushing him in his promos before he debuted

Bland, Boring, Only got pushed so he could be the next Rey Mysterio to the hispanic fans.

Got given so many chances and just wasnt good enough.

Rumored to be a pain backstage.

Always skipped his matches, tried my best to like him.

Aaaanyway, back on topic.

I've enjoyed listening to these Podcasts - they aren't half bad (and if that isn't praise, then you don't know what is).

I echo the proposal of Randy Orton. He's shown glimpses of true greatness over the last decade or so - be it as the Legend Killer in his initial run, or when he punted Vince in the head. But it just doesn't seem to happen for him on a consistent basis - whether that's down to bad booking (bumping around for Shane O Mac and his hamster cheeks) or a lack of motivation on his own part. I suppose we'll never know.

I'd like to throw Jeff Hardy into the mix. He finally broke through to the top of the card by 2009, the crowd seemed really into him and from what I can remember his stuff was pretty good. He took time out at the back end of that year, and I thought it would only be a matter of time before he returned after resting his body for a while. Royal Rumble 2010 would have been perfect. Instead, he turned up in TNA and turned weird.

Wow, I knew my pick was obscure but I thought at least one other person would reference him....The man named Kenzo Suzuki.

I remember when he was first signed which was about 03ish and all the dirt sheets said was along the lines of  "The first REAL Japanese wrestler in the WWE" and "He can talk, He looks good, But his working needs improvement" Oh boy did it really...

Cut a long story short, He came and wrestled Cena for the US title and he wasn't that bad but he wasn't very interesting. Got put down the card, Won the tag titles with Dupree and disappeared for a few months and was released.

He also had many matches on Heat where his geisha called Hiroko had her kimono stripped off by Torrie Wilson

• Paid Members

I'm a little surprised you'd mention Suzuki. Out of all the Japanese wrestlers WWE could've signed, I don't think there was much hoo-ha about him leading up to that. Most people who watched puro at the time would've known he was pretty crap in WJ Pro (was it?), and not much was expected of him.

Original post edited. If you could edit out my tremendous lack of grammer, that would be super.

I've enjoyed listening to these Podcasts - they aren't have bad (and if that isn't praise, then you don't know what is).

I don't know what is.

Don't know why people like john cena he can't work at all.

Wwe are struggling now the big names are retiring like hbk taker austin rock

Austin retired in 2003

HBK retired in 2010

Rock became a part timer in 2003

Undertaker has been a part timer since about 2010

So what the fuck are you on about you absolute mong?

Yes cena can't work he only gets over cos wwe book him in main events if they put big show in main events people will love him.

Can you not reed my post i said wwe are struggling with oit big names you prick If you think I'm a mong meet me and say it to my face you cunt

No need to call him that.

:)

• Awards Moderator

No need to call him that.

:)

I wouldn't be chuffed that you've magically won the high ground because Keith defended you. I'm absolutely certain Keith won't defend your "cunt" remark and threat of violence because he's one of those reasonable human beings. 

That's only cos wwe push him 

It cuts both ways though, doesn't it? WWE have to push him and the crowd have to want him to be pushed. The classic example here is Lex Luger, who despite getting ultimate pushorama never properly clicked in WWF.

The reverse is true. Despite dithering about with Bryan, he arguably got put back into WrestleMania through the fans wanting his push.

Archived