Summerslam 2015 planning thread

gadge

• Paid Members

It's been announced that Summerslam is going to be at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ on August 23 2015.

I know a few people have been discussing this as an alternative to WrestleMania next year, well, how does everyone feel now the date and location have been announced?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been looking on Skyscanner for flights from Manchester to New York - the cheapest are around 560 with massive layovers, making the journey take around 30 hours in total. Cheapest direct flights (7-8 hours) are around the 640 mark at the moment. Is it just too early to be looking for flights for next August, or are they likely to stay around the same price with it being summertime?

• Paid Members

I didn't pay anywhere near that in 2007 when I went at the end of August. I'd definitely leave flights until either tickets go on sale or they announce packages.

• 1 month later...

Right guys ok, just checked Sky Scanner direct to NYC from Manchester £518 return (change at Heathrow coming back) and Hotel for £180 (based on 2 sharing, Fri - Tuesday twin bedroom with kingsize beds free Wifi, free Breakfast, twenty minute walk to Meadowlands).

If anyone here is from North West ways and is serious about coming you will be more than welcome to join me, would be looking at paying for flights by end of March and see what Travel packages WWE put out there if there is any fan access events or a local Raw show the next night.

Obviously on top of initial outlay would need ticket money (if not going for a travel package) and spends.

All in price including plenty of spends for £1500 isn't bad at all I dont think.

Check out Airbnb for a cheaper alternative to hotels and also bare in mind you can get open-jaw flights to the US, e.g. you can fly in to NYC then back from Boston/Miami/whereever and you can just make your own way between them. Philly is only 2 hours and $5 away on the Megabus, with Washington a further hour from there..

I'm doing a trip to the US in a few weeks to take in a couple of UFC shows and will be hitting Boston, Chicago,  Detroit, San Diego, Vegas and Portland amongst others, all on a budget so if any one needs any help/ideas let me know :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Work related issues mean I'm contemplating sacking this off and doing Extreme Rules in Chicago instead. Tickets for that go on sale THIS WEEK though, so I need to make my mind up sharpish

Archived