Whats been the most successful british card in the last 25 years?

RancidPunx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Star do get pretty big crowds at Butlins, but no bigger than a lot of their regular shows.

Am I right in thinking All Star did two shows in Liverpool or Birkenhead on the same day around 10 years ago and both got 2,000. That's pretty impressive if true.

I know Butlins Minehead has a 5,000 seat venue, but I'm not sure if All Star uses that when it runs at the camp.

Ref: Butlins Minehead.

I've been taking my kids to Butlins Minehead for the last five years or so an always go to the wrestling.

Up until this year, they've always held it in Reds (capacity 1500) but this year they ran the Wednesday show (they have two a week, Wednesday and Sunday) in Centre Stage (capacity 2800). Both shows were about 80% full.

Butlins also have the Skyline Pavilion (5648 capacity) which WWE run. I've seen pictures of All Star in the Skyline but the 5648 number is for when the Pavilion is fully converted to an indoor arena which they only do for special weekend events such as WWE, darts and the adult weekends. During regular holiday time, the Pavilion is seen as the heart of the resort with a live stage but a lot of the sqaure footage is filled with arcade games, soft play and concessions, all of which is taken away for WWE etc.

Minehead capacity source: http://www.butlins.com/events/our-locations/minehead/venues/

Video: WWE Minehead setup

Video: All Star in Reds 2013

RE: The ICW show coming up at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. The Barrowlands holds around 2100 for gigs. There's no chance they are getting anywhere near that number in when the ring is in the middle of the floor.

They're not, indeed. Mark Dallas mentioned on Facebook the other day that their set-up is for 1,600.

We played the British wrestling is alive and well card and that we had moved on from daddy and haystacks. We were on both main tv channels, breakfast tv, local paper weekly in a six month build up. We had an advert on norwich city scoreboard, a ten foot banner outside the venue, which happens to be next to the busiest Asda in norwich, put to that 50,000 leaflets delivered door to door we were never out of the public eye. The amazing thing was three year earlier I took over running Norwich from Allstar our first attendance was 80.

We had 40 wrestlers, 38 british, 2 from USA PN News and Tiger Steele who were over for Allstar at the time. The match which drew the most interest was Zebra Kid v Jody Fleisch selling 270 tickets in one day after announcement, it was crazy. It was also a pilot for Sky sports but we lost it through the production company i hired being full of shite, so although it was a great night attendance wise, it ended up being a crap night in the grand scheme of things.

Archived