Whats been the most successful british card in the last 25 years?

RancidPunx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's great news Ricky, lots of great talent in and around WAW at the moment, would be good to see them get an even bigger stage (although Epic is a really brilliant venue in every aspect).

Just got to wait on them building this, I guess...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/video_4_500_seat_arena_mooted_for_outskirts_of_norwich_1_3789400

Sorry, this maybe one for Herbie, but here is a random photo I found earlier.

This is the first day PRE-ORDERS for International Showdown, all awaiting the delivery to turn up that day. We processed and packed them, was well over a 1000 pre-orders

showdown_dvd_preorders.jpg

The location is a mess as we were moving the entire FWA Academy building that week too!

We took them all to a local post office too! Was funny to see us bringing in over 1000 packets in boxes, by the time the packages had the DVDs in them it was probably 10 or 12 times as many boxes lol!

Man reading this thread has been awesome, especially the stuff about International Showdown. That was such an amazing time for me as a fan and between that show, and TWC in general, I became a bigger fan of wrestling than I ever would have envisioned myself being of anything quite frankly, haha!

Looking back on it with 2014 eyes, it's amazing to see the popularity and level of interest that there was at the time. Groups like PROGRESS, PCW, SWE, ICW and Rev Pro are doing really great things these days but they still have a long way to go to get to that kind of level. I hope one day wrestling is as popular again.

• Paid Members

I'd say British wrestling's way more popular now than in the mid 2000s. Yeah, you had a few supershows back then, but part of the reason they did well was that people were so starved of good wrestling that they'd travel across the country. Now you've got shows all over the place doing well. 

I'd say British wrestling's way more popular now than in the mid 2000s. Yeah, you had a few supershows back then, but part of the reason they did well was that people were so starved of good wrestling that they'd travel across the country. Now you've got shows all over the place doing well. 

yeah that's actually probably a good way of looking at it. But were there not alot of shows around the country in the mid-2000s drawing in the hundreds? I'd say the standard of wrestling is obviously ALOT better now though.

Sorry last one, 1PW was mentioned. Here is a shot of the first show at Doncaster Dome.

1pw1.JPG

And a seating plan with pricing structure (not sure what event it was for) but they were going to chage the arena layout but it worked out less seats and less money I believe

doncaster%20seating%20plan%20pilot.jpg

Archived