"Superclash 2" GL1 Glouchester STYLES, TANAHASHI, LIGER

wrestlingmad

Yes, I remember Superclash -- 

The name, because one afternoon 
Of heat the Stagecoach drew up there 
Unwontedly. It was late June. 

The wind blew. Someone cleared his throat. 
No one left and no one came 
On the bare canvas. What I saw 
Was Superclash -- only the name

And BritWres, autographs, and fans, 
Was bittersweet, and the air was dry, 
No whit less still and lonely fair 
Than the high cloudlets in the sky. 

And for that minute a blackbird sang 
Close by, and round him, mistier, 
Farther and farther, all the fans 
Of Superclash and Gloucestershire. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And cancelled. Fucking retard.

Have you got confirmation? Can't find anything. To be honest, that (now deleted) Crowdfunder was enough to set alarm bells ringing. If you've done 2 Supershows, and you're asking for donations to put the third one on whilst charging obscene ticket prices (who in this country charges £50 for ringside? You can get a PCW weekender ticket for that, and Fludder and Co can bring in anyone and everyone they can) How are you going to convince people how well the 2 shows last year went? I thought the controversy about not booking Luke Hawx's flight was something to suggest he'd blown the budget for the last one. Plus the NJPW guys must have taken up a huge chunk of the budget on their own. Plus he said tickets were going on sale 3 weeks ago, but that never happened.

Hooligans vs Bad Influence and Danny Collins vs AJ Styles were the pre-announced matches.

Now it's Hooligans vs Collins and Jarrett himself.

Is he still charging £50 for ringside?[/quote

No thankfully. Gone back to the reasonable £25. No Bad Influence. No buy from me. Only considered it to see that one.

I thought they were doing the Knights vs Liger/Finlay/Collins in a cage?

I think the date clashes with an NJPW US Tour and Liger's likely booked for that. So explains why he can't have him. Would've been an interesting way to wrap up the saga between Liger v The Knight Dynasty from the first 2.

• 4 months later...

So that May show was "postponed".

Two days ago they announced Tanahashi, Nakamura, Okada, Naito, Gedo, Liger, Tenzan, Kojima and KUSHIDA all from NJPW are gonna be on the rescheduled show for Sunday 4th of October.

The phrase "A fool and his money" comes to mind.

Archived