"Superclash 2" GL1 Glouchester STYLES, TANAHASHI, LIGER

wrestlingmad

• Paid Members

The stupid cunts confirmed it IS still him in charge of the FB "currently"

If Superstars of Wrestling is under new management why are you still running the Facebook page?

Like · Reply · 6 hrs
  • 11900088_1041895629177197_67390625798289
Superstars of Wrestling UK Because I am up in London and haven't had time to hand everything over yet.

So it’s not actually under new management from today…?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really needed someone to sit him down and give him a lesson in promoting. He had Liger, Styles ( when he was iwgp champ) Tanahashi, Smith JR, Doug Williams etc and hardly anyone knew about it, hence the poor draw. Rev Pro have people flying in from all over Europe to see these guys on their shows. The social media was a joke aswell - he treated it like his personal account - just tweeting rappers nobody has ever heard of.

So, I've been hearing word on Twitter that Matt Jarrett had admitted he was declared bankrupt on his personal Facebook recently. If that's the case, then why is it, this show was even set to go ahead? The way he's handled the situation has been disgraceful. Looking at the comments before last weekend buzzing about meeting Tiger Hattori for starters. Why would you be so positive about your show like that if you knew deep down it wasn't going to happen? If anything, how he was affording the first 2 was and is a mystery. Looking back on the first SuperClash. I saw the news they had Jushin Liger. I was unsure. But I bought my ticket and Meet & Greet. It was understandable why I took that chance. After all, Liger is one of the great high-flyers of all time. May very well have been my only chance to see him wrestle. Was really humble and friendly at the M&G which is what I like to see. My photo of myself with him and Satoshi Kojima hangs on my wall with pride. Sure, I felt the show could've been better in places and Liger could've wrestled a little more than he did. But still had a good time kickstarting (pun unintended) my promo pic collection

Calling a show Superclash III was always going to be a bad omen.

This was said about the postponed show that was the subject of the attempted Crowdfunder. I think it has rung true again. He may not have been very popular due to that, or the status he wrote implying drinking the night before a big show was why Lionheart broke his neck. But a bankruptcy, I would not wish on my worst enemy, but as far as I know. He won't be back from this.

So, I've been hearing word on Twitter that Matt Jarrett had admitted he was declared bankrupt on his personal Facebook recently. If that's the case, then why is it, this show was even set to go ahead? The way he's handled the situation has been disgraceful. Looking at the comments before last weekend buzzing about meeting Tiger Hattori for starters. Why would you be so positive about your show like that if you knew deep down it wasn't going to happen? If anything, how he was affording the first 2 was and is a mystery. Looking back on the first SuperClash. I saw the news they had Jushin Liger. I was unsure. But I bought my ticket and Meet & Greet. It was understandable why I took that chance. After all, Liger is one of the great high-flyers of all time. May very well have been my only chance to see him wrestle. Was really humble and friendly at the M&G which is what I like to see. My photo of myself with him and Satoshi Kojima hangs on my wall with pride. Sure, I felt the show could've been better in places and Liger could've wrestled a little more than he did. But still had a good time kickstarting (pun unintended) my promo pic collection

This was said about the postponed show that was the subject of the attempted Crowdfunder. I think it has rung true again. He may not have been very popular due to that, or the status he wrote implying drinking the night before a big show was why Lionheart broke his neck. But a bankruptcy, I would not wish on my worst enemy, but as far as I know. He won't be back from this.

but did the guy that originally ran 1PW declare bankruptcy but them started promoting again a short while after   

but did the guy that originally ran 1PW declare bankruptcy but them started promoting again a shore while after

Yeah, that's true. But how did he go about that? Bankruptcy surely bars you from making such huge investments? For at least 5 years as far as I'm aware

• Paid Members

This all just happened because of some bad investments over the last 12 months, and it really started with Superclash 2. I probably should have just stuck with booking AJ, but I got carried away and booked Liger and Tanahashi and others that I probably didn’t need to, not that I regret it because it was a really great show. But that’s the problem when you love the business and you get so involved; you get in this bubble and feel like nothing can touch you and get carried away, until a couple of days later when you realise that you’ve made a loss on the show and you maybe should have done things differently

*sigh* Where to start with this...

Another problem with the show was the lack of publicity in the local and mainstream press. Andy Quidlan can book a Revolution Pro Wrestling card and have AJ Styles as the only import and that gets reported, or Brian Dixon using Jushin Liger in Croydon gets picked up, but I have a stacked card in Gloucester and it’s hard to get a mention. Gloucester itself might not be the best choice for a destination because it’s not a touristy place with too much to do after the shows etc. But it was a combination of things in the end

It's YOUR JOB to go out and get publicity; to get coverage. It's called being a promoter. You tit.

• Paid Members

Had to file for bankruptcy after some bad investments.

I’m going over to Japan in December and staying for Wrestle Kingdom so I can visit Tiger, because he came here to meet with me so I’ll repay that this time by going out to him.”

oh....

Archived