WWE November 2014 Tour Dates

Ant

I wouldn't travel to Glasgow for TV Tapings if I'm honest. I'm not as far south as Brighton, but I'm 20 miles from London and have good transport links to London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool all of which are 15 minutes from my home and very reasonably priced. I have no direct link to Glasgow and looking at travel prices, I wouldn't fancy spending an additional

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not 15 minutes from each location, I'm 15 minutes from direct links to each location. From where I live I can get a direct train or coach to all of those places. Reading back my last post it seems like I was saying that I'm quarter of an hour away from them all, which geographically isn't possible. Glasgow on the other hand requires a million changes, fucking around and too much hassle and expense.

Scotland consistently gets a raw deal in all sorts of events, not just wrestling. When a band launches a "UK" tour and it covers just down south, it's a bit crap.

Do you think we should be grateful we get something at all? I think we deserve better for our loyalty.

Why don't you travel down to Liverpool, it's not that far?

I wish they'd hold Wrestlemania in the Wolverhampton Civic Hall, but they won't so I have to travel to it instead.

I imagine the percentage of people who are from the south at the spring tapings is of course much higher and vice versa in the autumn. You always have the die hards who will go wherever they are. I think if you put them in scotland you would do well. But WWE have yet to run the venue and there certainly not going to test run it with TV there too smart for that. Too many new things to consider. Maybe next year

Scotland consistently gets a raw deal in all sorts of events, not just wrestling. When a band launches a "UK" tour and it covers just down south, it's a bit crap.

Do you think we should be grateful we get something at all? I think we deserve better for our loyalty.

Why don't you travel down to Liverpool, it's not that far?

I wish they'd hold Wrestlemania in the Wolverhampton Civic Hall, but they won't so I have to travel to it instead.

I do travel to Tapings when work/finances allow (and when I'm not saving for Mania!) but it would be nice for once to not be the ones that have to "make the effort" so to speak.

It takes about 4 hour from london to Sheffield

Walking? I live 40 mile further North than Sheffield. (Between Scunthorpe and Grimsby). And I can be in London in four hours, 3 to Cockfosters and less than an hour on the tube. I'd've thought train from London to Sheffield would be less than 3 hours?

I didn't think the Glasgow Hydro looked that impressive inside on tv when TNA taped Impact from there in January. It's not exactly the O2 in London or the Phones4U in Manchester. Although maybe that was just because it was TNA.

I wonder if Scottish people voting for independence later this year would help attract more high profile things? I don't profess to know the ins & outs, but maybe tax breaks/better deals to touring acts & groups would be made to persuade them to run there, if Independence happens.

I didn't think the Glasgow Hydro looked that impressive inside on tv when TNA taped Impact from there in January. It's not exactly the O2 in London or the Phones4U in Manchester. Although maybe that was just because it was TNA.

I wonder if Scottish people voting for independence later this year would help attract more high profile things? I don't profess to know the ins & outs, but maybe tax breaks/better deals to touring acts & groups would be made to persuade them to run there, if Independence happens.

TNA had most of the arena curtained off. Similar to how they'd curtained off the Manchester Arena in the past. WAS seemed to utilise the whole arena so even the vertigo sections were open.

Know where you're coming from though as a colleague went to a show last week and thought the Hydro was a terrible disappointment. I had to explain that show had curtained off floor space and tiered sections. Fast forward a few days and a different colleague that took his nephew to WWE was complaining that the arena was too big. WWE probably had 12,000/13,000 people in versus the few thousand TNA attracted.

Archived