WWE November 2014 Tour Dates

Ant

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow bournemouth!! might have to put my visit home forward a week to attend. Expect it will be the dregs of the roster for the most part. Although bournemouth does have a very accessible airport so its not impossible they could make the end of the liverpool show

• Moderators

Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham make far more sense for transport links and the fact people from Glasgow cry so much about not having tapings mean it's hysterically funny when they don't. Personally I wouldn't even run Liverpool. Just alternate Manchester and Birmingham.

Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham make far more sense for transport links and the fact people from Glasgow cry so much about not having tapings mean it's hysterically funny when they don't. Personally I wouldn't even run Liverpool. Just alternate Manchester and Birmingham.

I still don't think that should prevent us at least getting the tapings every once in a while.

I've wanted a taping here for a long time and have understood it wouldn't happen because we didn't have the arena, now we have an arena that is one of the best in the UK so of course people will be hoping they can get one. Is it so wrong that people want to get a TV taping here and then are disappointed if one isn't announced? London, Manchester etc have been spoiled with tapings over the past few years, but to have it in Glasgow for the first time, for me, would be great.

I didn't neccesarily expect them to do TV, if they were going to, in November anyway. Wednesday will be the first time they've ran the arena and I'm sure they'd like to check it out first, although I did read from someone who works there that paperwork was signed at one stage for them to tape TV here in November.

Sites of UK tv tapings since they started in 2004:

2004: Manchester only

2005: Birmingham & Sheffield

2006: London & Manchester

2007: London & Birmingham

2008: London & Manchester

2009: London & Sheffield

2010: London & Manchester

2011: London & Liverpool

2012: London & Birmingham

2013: London & Manchester

2014: London & Liverpool

Typically, London is nearly always the April tapings, and the November tapings alternate. Manchester is generally the most popular venue for the November tapings, and gets them every 2 years. Birmingham has only had the tapings 3 times, in 2005, 2007 and 2012.

London and Manchester make sense to me. Excellent transport links by rail, road and flight, two of Britain's three highest populated areas with some of the best arenas and facilities in Europe. Birmingham is also very accessible but could really do with a larger arena at some point.

Glasgow will probably get a taping one day but it's certainly a far less attractive choice than London, Birmingham or Manchester.

Is this list actually confirmed yet? I've been waiting the best part of 15 years for the WWE to come to Brighton. Although I've done three Manias and haven't gone to a UK show for like eight years, the thought of WWE coming down the road even for a house show using the 'B' roster is amazing. Seriously excited about it. Really hope the dates are legit.

• Moderators

I still don't think that should prevent us at least getting the tapings every once in a while.

It should as:

A) Wrongly self entitled crying is funny

And

B) People travel from across the UK, Europe in fact, for TVs. They should be in centralised areas with good transport links if they aren't in London

I don't think its entirely unreasonable to feel slightly aggrieved that we get a bit of a raw deal up here.

Yes we're smaller, but the Hydro could certainly accommodate a decent TV crowd. That and we'd sell out both shows.

Scotland consistently gets a raw deal in all sorts of events, not just wrestling. When a band launches a "UK" tour and it covers just down south, it's a bit crap.

Do you think we should be grateful we get something at all? I think we deserve better for our loyalty.

I don't think its entirely unreasonable to feel slightly aggrieved that we get a bit of a raw deal up here.

Yes we're smaller, but the Hydro could certainly accommodate a decent TV crowd. That and we'd sell out both shows.

Scotland consistently gets a raw deal in all sorts of events, not just wrestling. When a band launches a "UK" tour and it covers just down south, it's a bit crap.

Do you think we should be grateful we get something at all? I think we deserve better for our loyalty.

Dunno, the Hydro seems to be getting a lot of global shows that it might not have beforehand.

I'm assuming the whole thing about Glasgow not having good transport links is part of the trolling joke about why WWE shouldn't do tapings here etc?

• Moderators

It's not trolling, it's true. Manchester is within 4 or 5 hours of most of the UK, ditto Birmingham. Glasgow isn't. As the saying goes, in America 100 years is a long time, in the UK 100 miles is a long way. Trolling is saying "When I was working with a wrestler he said ... About ..." and never saying who and where. Not pointing out geographical truths.

I wouldn't travel to Glasgow for TV Tapings if I'm honest. I'm not as far south as Brighton, but I'm 20 miles from London and have good transport links to London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool all of which are 15 minutes from my home and very reasonably priced. I have no direct link to Glasgow and looking at travel prices, I wouldn't fancy spending an additional

Archived