Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Hey Herbie, Foley buried the fuck out of your show from 2005 in his interview with Colt Cabana. He must have read this thread, because he weirdly brought it up out of the blue as if it was a point he needed to make. Seems odd that after 9 years NOW he's bringing it up randomly. He said "if someone says they saw Mick Foley in Coventry and he looked like I didnt want to be there, then its because I didnt". And also said Alex Shane booked him on a load of shows in the same space of time and he was miserable that week. So odd.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Hey Herbie, Foley buried the fuck out of your show from 2005 in his interview with Colt Cabana. He must have read this thread, because he weirdly brought it up out of the blue as if it was a point he needed to make. Seems odd that after 9 years NOW he's bringing it up randomly. He said "if someone says they saw Mick Foley in Coventry and he looked like I didnt want to be there, then its because I didnt". And also said Alex Shane booked him on a load of shows in the same space of time and he was miserable that week. So odd.

He was over twice - ours was just for 2 days (Sat morning until Monday morning). Maybe Alex brought him over longer for Uproar - I don't know, as I wasn't involved. So not even sure which show he's referring to, as he did 2 stints in Coventry in 2005.

And I'm not sure what he's burying exactly - we agreed to the fee he asked for, and he came over & did the show. Doesn't really bother me - it was a great show and Foley drew well for us. We all made money & that was the goal of the deal. He was treated well too, so not sure what he's 'burying'. Maybe he's referring to Uproar & not Showdown...!?

As far as other appearances he did when he was over, his philosophy (which he relayed both through his manager Barry Blaustein beforehand, and to me personally after he arrived) was that since he was going all the way to the UK for the weekend, he may as well make as much money as possible on the trip, so Alex got him a few signings that he also got paid for; the guy worked hard while over but also cleaned up - that was his call to make. And part of his contract was a business class flight over - but he actually opted to waive that in exchange for the $3k extra it was going to cost us. So he flew economy and pocketed the difference; again - his decision.

The only thing I ever said about his appearance was that when he cut a promo for us backstage, he made sure to put over WWE and didn't even mention International Showdown or TWC.

So yeah; he can 'bury' away - he was very well paid for his trip here, and if he didn't want to do the other appearances while he was over, he didn't have to. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I'm not bothered. He was paid for a job and he did it. He had no obligation to enjoy himself.

And when Alex brought him back in late 2005, that had nothing to do with me: so I don't know his fee for that or how many shows or appearances he worked. I do know we personally paid him $13k in total for a non-wrestling appearance at Showdown in March 2005, and he also cleaned up selling gimmicks & polaroids.

He also didn't even have to do the show in the first place, so the whole "I didn't want to be there" is quite odd in itself. We didn't even haggle on the fee - he got what he asked for.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

He was over twice - ours was just for 2 days (Sat morning until Monday morning). Maybe Alex brought him over longer for Uproar - I don't know, as I wasn't involved. So not even sure which show he's referring to, as he did 2 stints in Coventry in 2005.

He was talking about the one he refereed. So that's the first one, I think.

• Paid Members

He was talking about the one he refereed. So that's the first one, I think.

He didn't referee at Showdown. He just did an appearance in the ring with Bill Apter & accepted an award.

So nothing to do with me, it seems.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Actually no, its the 2nd one he's talking about. He mentions the 8 man. Definitely read this thread, though. He even mentions he read something on "social media" about it. And some people were throwing the link his way.

I do love that his appearance over here is the standard of Foley being a cunt. Glad he is reminded of it constantly.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay