Michael Schumacher 'critically injured' in Skiing Accident

Callum1993

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit uncalled for.

There is a thread for silly Facebook updates, I am sure that is more suited to the tweets you posted.

This reminds me a lot of the Kevin Pearce incident as seen on the Crash Reel film. It does seem to be a crap shoot in regards to his survival and his quality of life afterwards.

A doctor who is a expert in this field has said the next 24-72 hours are crucial, and that if he can get through that time period, he will pass through the critical stage and the fight will begin in terms of his recovery. Here is the tweet, so people can follow what Hartstein analysis is whilst things develop.

Joe Papp @joepabike

@former_f1doc Gary, how much longer until window of criticality starts to close & danger to life begins to decrease rather than get worse?

Gary Hartstein ‏@former_f1doc

@joepabike 24-48 to 72 h is often a pretty good timeframe.

• Paid Members
Bit uncalled for.

There is a thread for silly Facebook updates, I am sure that is more suited to the tweets you posted.

I didn’t post the tweets in here because there’s a lack of a similar one for Twitter, but more because the poor guy’s laid in hospital, and it despairs me how thick some people can be when another person’s life is in the balance.

• Paid Members

I don't even think those tweets are silly. Yeah maybe they've worded it poorly and meant 'I hope he will be alright' but the sentiment is the same. No need to nitpick over well wishes when something like this happens.

I know nothing of motor racing but of course everyone knows who Scumacher is. It'd be tragic if he doesn't pull through this. Hopefully he'll come through it and still have some quality of life.

Steering this back on topic (O-HOOOO). Schumacher... pretty nifty behind a wheel wasn't he. Greatest of all time? Or is that just in statistics

He is in my top 5, maybe as high as 2nd or 3rd. Behind Senna he is the most acclaimed driver out there, in fan/critic/driver polls he usually charts very high and he does win a minority of them (Senna wins most)

The "just the car" thing is a bit of a myth, watch Spain 1996 where he dragged that dog of a Ferrari to win in the rain. He beat Mika at his peak in fairly equal cars in 2000, and at Ferrari the "preferential treatment" theory was also somewhat a myth (Irvine admits that Schumi was just better)

Much like Senna and Prost, he made mistakes morally on the track, but they do not define his career.

So yeah, a all-time great. no question and there is a case for him at this time to be considered the greatest, even if I do not rank him as such myself.

• Paid Members
Steering this back on topic (O-HOOOO). Schumacher... pretty nifty behind a wheel wasn't he. Greatest of all time? Or is that just in statistics

He is in my top 5, maybe as high as 2nd or 3rd. Behind Senna he is the most acclaimed driver out there, in fan/critic/driver polls he usually charts very high and he does win a minority of them (Senna wins most)

The "just the car" thing is a bit of a myth, watch Spain 1996 where he dragged that dog of a Ferrari to win in the rain. He beat Mika at his peak in fairly equal cars in 2000, and at Ferrari the "preferential treatment" theory was also somewhat a myth (Irvine admits that Schumi was just better)

Much like Senna and Prost, he made mistakes morally on the track, but they do not define his career.

So yeah, a all-time great. no question and there is a case for him at this time to be considered the greatest, even if I do not rank him as such myself.

Yeah statistically he is the greatest, although I rank many drivers higher whether down to finding them more exciting on the track or as a personality. I'd put Senna, Prost, Mansell, Gilles and Niki Lauda above him purely on an entertainment/good driver level even if Schumacher was technically better

Yeah statistically he is the greatest, although I rank many drivers higher whether down to finding them more exciting on the track or as a personality. I'd put Senna, Prost, Mansell, Gilles and Niki Lauda above him purely on an entertainment/good driver level even if Schumacher was technically better

Out of those, I would say Senna and Prost are technically equal to Schumi, those are the only two I might rate above him. Gilles and Lauda I am not sure as its hard to compare eras, and there are parts of Lauda's career I am not a expert on.

Mansell? Have to disagree, even on a entertainment level, he has the charisma of Dean Malenko, and was a right moaner of epic proportions. I think the British Media have overrated him over the years.

Also, its all context as car performance and teammate comparisons differ in the routes Senna, Prost and Schumi took, which makes it even harder to determine who was the best.

Archived