Great pyschological pranks you've pulled !

RancidPunx

What are some the better pyschological pranks you've pulled or heard about. The more subtle the better...

I have one or two so i'll get started.

We were 14 and in secondary school. I had a remote control watch. I was able to do the usual messing in tv shops and in school during videos to the roaring approval of my friends who thought it was hilarious to see all the tv shops staff scramble when i turned up 5 of their TV's to max volume...

Anyway, i could also do HI-FI's and found out that i could turn up and down a neighbors HI-FI from the safe distance of outside their window.

This was the cranky neighbor of the area, the type that was always calling the cops if we were messing (which we were) and generally trying to ruin our fun as stupid 14 year olds.

So at random intervals i would go up to their window and give the HI-Fi full volume before queuing up a CD to blame out to give them a fright.

Anyway it did, it gave them an awful fright and we pissed ourselves laughing..

I would do the same again at random times over the next few months.

It turns out they have brought the HI-FI back to the shop, had a sparky look at the plugs where it was plugged into, messed around with all the settings and still figure out why it would randomly blame out opera music at full whack.

The prank reached it's peak and conclusion when the neighbors got a priest out to bless their house as they thought there might be a ghost in the gaff.

After that i said it's best to stop now and let them think a priest blessing a HI-FI fixed their problem.

• Paid Members

My favourite is still the one that is nothing more than a balloon and a jumper. I rubbed it, charged it with static, and then instead of messing up someone's hair or sticking it to the wall, I stuck it to the ceiling.

My ex's brother comes round and assumes the reason it's stuck on the ceiling is because it's full of helium. He can't reach it, so he gets two kitchen utensils to grab it between, and then transfers it to between his knees so he can put the utensils back.

Now he decides that he's going show how clever and hilarious he is to my daughter, who was probably about 4 at the time. He offers her the balloon (in much the same way you'd taunt a dog with a tennis ball), and when she went to grab it, he let go. However, instead of floating back to the ceiling, it sank to the floor.

The look on his face was absolutely priceless. I don't think I've ever seen someone look so confused. He actually picked it up off the ground again and let go to see if it would get the expected result this time round. It was like I'd broken his mind.

• Paid Members

Girl I worked with had been a bit of a bitch to a trainee. Left it a bit then at the kettle said to her "Thats why I never use the washing machine, I always shrink stuff too.". About an hour later, the "Do I look fat in this skirt", "Do you think I've put weight back on" started amongst that side of the office.

Job done.

I'm nowhere witty enough to have done this myself, but during high school - when Bluetooth on phones was in its infancy - my mate connected his phone to the projector in an RE lesson. Projectors were quite new to us as well, and the teacher was trying to show something from his laptop on the projector. My mate changed his device name on his phone to 'God' and the teacher's presentation kept being interrupted by 'Unable to connect to God' on the screen.

Back in college we had a particular tutor who had absolutely no idea about what she was teaching (which was a fairly basic programming module) and was completely reliant on a particular text book to go through the lessons with and this happened without fail each and every week. Almost every question asked was answered via said text book and if the answer was not in there, no answer could be given.

Several weeks of this had passed and it became obvious what was going on. Before each lesson without fail, the tutor would leave the text book on her desk unattended before the lesson whilst she went out of the room, usually returning a few minutes later.

A couple of lads started to move said text book to a different place in the room, at first making it so she could see it when she came back but not at its original place. As time went on the book would move further and further away from the desk until it eventually climaxed in being placed into the false ceiling. She got quite flustered at not being able to find it and never questioned anyone if they had seen it so when she left the room again, the book was retrieved and put back on the desk for her return. Again no one was questioned about it and the lesson resumed as per normal.

Two weeks later a different tutor (and one who know how to teach the module) gave our lessons whilst she was swapped to his previous class.

A mate of mine was a big Guitar Hero player and on numerous occasions we'd nip around the corner where you could see him jamming away on the online mode on some stupidly high level, so we'd nip around with another xbox controller stand outside his front door and turn off the console then watch him going mental that his console kept 'switching itself off'

Endless fun

• Paid Members

For the first few days of having a Wii U in the flat, nobody except me knew you could use it as a TV remote. Spent days randomly turning the volume up and down at random points, or switching the channel. One of my flatmates was really spooked out by it, so much I had to fess up before she lost her mind.

• Paid Members

I played a nasty trick on my nephew who was 5 at the time. I pretended to put the remote control in his ear with the old pass around the back of the head and hide trick.

I then told him to pat his head and it would change channel. He did this and i hit the button. He then called his mum in and sat in front of the tv hitting himself in the head saying "look look what i can do"

He is 16 now but i still feel bad for doing it.

• Paid Members

My office above Urmston Precinct was directly opposite Bensons for Beds, which was above Yates wine bar. In '95 a few weeks before we got married, I was getting various bits and pieces we needed for the house. Had ordered the bed, but had no pillows, so in my luch hour, decided to pop over and get some. As I walk in, the manager (he had a badge saying so) bounded over and asked if he could help. "I'm after some pillows please". "Pillows? Pillows? We are a bed shop, hence the title "Bensons for Beds". Do you want a bed?". "no, I have a bed, I just want pillows". "Well we can't help you then", at which stage he returned to his lackey, and started whinging about people coming in and not knowing what they wanted. I left with a "Stick your fucking beds up your arseholes"

Still steaming, I spent the afternoon staring at the twats. Now and again, the manager went prancing over to the far corner of the shop. I realised that he was answering the phone. The lightbulbe went on in my head. I found the number and rang. He went running across the store, just got near to the phone, and I put it down. Waited till he went back to the other side of the shop, and rang again, putting the phone down just as he got there. I repeated this for most of teh afternoon, watching him getting angrier and angrier, twice falling flat on his twatty face as he launched himself across the floor, throwing things round, and generally ranting. After about 4 hours, I decided to let him answer. "BENSONS FOR BEDS". "Benson for beds?". "YES BENSONS FOR BEDS". "The bed shop?". "YES BENSONS FOR BEDS THE BED SHOP". "Oh, I think I've rang the wrong number. Thanks." And witnessed him ripping the phone off the desk and hurling it across the shop.

Repeated it now and again when I was bored. Twat.

I'm nowhere witty enough to have done this myself, but during high school - when Bluetooth on phones was in its infancy - my mate connected his phone to the projector in an RE lesson. Projectors were quite new to us as well, and the teacher was trying to show something from his laptop on the projector. My mate changed his device name on his phone to 'God' and the teacher's presentation kept being interrupted by 'Unable to connect to God' on the screen.

This is truly outstanding. On a similar note, my friends and I were pulling my mate's leg in RE, trying to convince him that Jesus had said was ok to gamble in the bible. He didn't believe us, so we asked our teacher, who was a bit of a ledge and went along with it, and proceeded to make up a quote by Jesus, something like "well for he to gamble, but not to be consumed by the gambling." Cue seconds of him staring quite incredulously at the teacher, before going, "Really?" And the teacher responds "No!"

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members
My office above Urmston Precinct was directly opposite Bensons for Beds, which was above Yates wine bar. In '95 a few weeks before we got married, I was getting various bits and pieces we needed for the house. Had ordered the bed, but had no pillows, so in my luch hour, decided to pop over and get some. As I walk in, the manager (he had a badge saying so) bounded over and asked if he could help. "I'm after some pillows please". "Pillows? Pillows? We are a bed shop, hence the title "Bensons for Beds". Do you want a bed?". "no, I have a bed, I just want pillows". "Well we can't help you then", at which stage he returned to his lackey, and started whinging about people coming in and not knowing what they wanted. I left with a "Stick your fucking beds up your arseholes"

Still steaming, I spent the afternoon staring at the twats. Now and again, the manager went prancing over to the far corner of the shop. I realised that he was answering the phone. The lightbulbe went on in my head. I found the number and rang. He went running across the store, just got near to the phone, and I put it down. Waited till he went back to the other side of the shop, and rang again, putting the phone down just as he got there. I repeated this for most of teh afternoon, watching him getting angrier and angrier, twice falling flat on his twatty face as he launched himself across the floor, throwing things round, and generally ranting. After about 4 hours, I decided to let him answer. "BENSONS FOR BEDS". "Benson for beds?". "YES BENSONS FOR BEDS". "The bed shop?". "YES BENSONS FOR BEDS THE BED SHOP". "Oh, I think I've rang the wrong number. Thanks." And witnessed him ripping the phone off the desk and hurling it across the shop.

It's been six months and I still can't pass a Bensons without giggling because of this.

• Paid Members

I've only just read this thread, and whilst your first one was brilliance, this one is genius. No exaggeration - I'm still laughing, and even when the laughter subsides, all I've got to do is just imagine the phone exchange (between a poncy-looking salesman and a bloke who inexplicably looks like Father Jack) and I'm back to laughing again. Top quality stuff.

Not as good as any of the above, but...

A girl I know, absolutely obsessed with social media popularity, pretty much ran her life around how many likes she would get on a status/photo/post etc. I managed to get onto her facebook which she'd left logged in on my laptop. Rather than the hilarious frapey status updates, I decided to change her settings and post privacy to "only me", which in turn meant no one but her would see her posts, which would then mean no likes.

I literally thought nothing of it, infact I'd literally forgotten about it, until she started posting an emotional public meltdown on twitter where she would talk about why she's deleting her facebook, even on Instagram posting quotes about feeling alone. Like I said, not the best prank, but it did fuck with her psychologically.

Archived