The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Christmas day looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun, Philly/Boston & Lakers/Warriors the highlights for me.

Yup! I'll of course need to watch my Knicks get destroyed just after I've had my Christmas dinner too. 😂

Jazz @ Blazers is an odd choice for Christmas Day. It'll be a great game most likely, but I was fully expecting Raptors @ Spurs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Season starts tomorrow. I’ve got League Pass but Sky Sports have announced today that they’ve signed a 4 year deal with the league.

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/basketball/news/12375/11526415/sky-sports-and-nba-announce-four-year-broadcast-and-digital-partnership 

they’ve got all-day NBA on tomorrow leading up to live opening night too!

VKyvzqJ.jpg

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Chad Blanchard on Youtube. Its pretty much only Bulls but a ton of Jordan greatness.

Cheers.

Ended up watching Game 4 of the 93 EC finals against the Knicks as Bill Simmons is doing it for his rewatch pod.

Jordan comes off a 3/18 game and drains 54. Absolutely destroyed John Starks. Was lovely to watch.

2 minutes ago, Gooner said:

The first two parts of the ten part documentary on Michael Jordan called The Last Dance is starting tonight in America, it's supposed to be able to view on Netflix from tomorrow morning over here, I can't wait to see it.

Should be available at 8am on Netflix. Can't wait.

Jordan has said he thinks he comes across as a dick in it. So I think we are finally going to see glimpses of the real Michael Jordan in a documentary. He has been so careful with his image forever.

I love the guy but to be that great at a sport, you know theres probably some demons. I'm betting Jerry Krause takes a beating too.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone following this year?

My LA Clippers are having an odd one. They've stacked up 4 aging future hall of famers, each with they're own fatal flaw meaning they probably won't play the whole season or will shit themselves in the playoffs. Their center, Zubac, is one of the worst in the league.

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are the big stars who arrived a few years ago and cannot stop getting injured. They've played together for something like 40 games in 4 years. 

Russell Westbrook joined after a disastrous spell at the Lakers. When he's on he's still incredible, but his shot is awful and at times last season it was constant turnovers. He's seemly agreed to a bench role now, is on a tiny deal compared to his talent. I love this man. 

They traded for James Harden (who had demanded a trade from the last three teams he played for) and immediately went on a huge losing streak. 

You'd have to be a fool to bet on this team. But yet... they won the last 6 games and seem to be getting on the same page. Up in the playoff positions. Harden is clicking, Kawhi is cooking. Even Zubac is looking alright. A boy can dream.

Who's your team? How are they doing?

Edited by gmoney