The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Yeah easily the worst attempt at win now in recent memory. Gving a well past it Paul Pierce and KG massive contracts, killed Deron Williams career and Joe Johnson. All for a fat load of cash and every draft pick they'll have until the end of time. Shocking management. 

Surprised that Amare signed the 1 day deal with the Knicks to retire there. I thought he'd have retired with the Suns.

It's been reported now that KD told Westbrook that he was coming back to OKC prior to free agency beginning. Russ has been super quiet since the KD move. Do folk still think he'll stay?

NBA UK apparantly have an announcement coming today. I'm guessing it'll be a regular season London game?

Westbrook signs a 3 year deal with OKC. $85M

Lock in that Warriors-OKC game on Christmas Day!

From what I've read the Thunder seemed to have a long term plan of building for the future so I imagine Russ bought into that The massive contract he's just signed would have softened the blow of KD leaving. I'd assume they will make a run at a major free agent next season too, as I doubt Westbrook would have stayed for the money alone. He's somebody who I think is ultra competitive, Kobe has compared him to himself, so he'll want to compete and somewhere down the line win a championship. Right now in the West I can't look beyond the Warriors or the Spurs.

The schedule has been released!

13907152_10154256483693463_1025141077215

Christmas day games looking good! Glad to see the T-Wolves getting some love.

13920587_10154256322303463_5174251429992

Nice feature on the schedule here: http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/11/12440048/nba-schedule-2016-17-release-news-rumors

Full schedule here: http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this in the games thread but thought it fit here too.

NBA 2K17 is coming out on September 16th but they've just announced that a week before on the 9th, they're releasing 'The Prelude' as a free download on consoles so you can start the career mode early! It's available for free and to everyone. You can scan your own face into the game with your phone too. Storyline is still being kept under wraps but there's a sneak peak here:

• 1 month later...

The NBA is BACK! :thumbsup:

Stayed up for the games last night and I must say, I'm DELIGHTED the Warriors lost. They looked really off, despite Curry and KD having a good game. I wonder if losing most of their bench is really going to have more of an impact than we thought?

My Knicks...dear god, my Knicks. I know it's only one game, but man they were careless. KP looked good and they had a decent first half, but LeBron just completely shut them down after that. I know it's the defending champs on ring night etc etc. Fingers crossed for Friday's game.

And Dame Lillard...wow. I knew I should have stuck a few quid on him for MVP.

Enjoyed the three games. Haha I think everyone but Warriors fans will be taking delight in their losses. Superteam dismantled by the Spurs, who looked so good, but was that ever in doubt?

Knicks didn't look like a team at all, what did they do in pre-season? Early days yet.

Stuck a fiver on Blazers winning Western Conference a few weeks back, 66/1. Just a hunch but in Lillard they have a guy who could drag them to the finals.

Bulls tomorrow. Slightly optimistic they can mount a play off challenge but fearful at the same time that we'll crash spectacularly.

Wow, AD drops 50 and STILL loses to the Nuggets. He’s wasted on that Pelicans team.

Embiid looked so good in his debut. If he shakes the rust and stays healthy, he’s gonna be a beast!

Lakers win! I thought they were going to get to 150 points in that game. No defence but it was fun to watch.

Sad to see the T-Wolves lose, but they still looked good.