The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Not sure if it would work, but how about....Kevin Love and something else to OKC for Westbrook. Then D-Wade signs with the Cavs too? He's apparantly meeting with them today.

K Love and maybe JR Smith to OKC for Russ but I think you'd have to go for Love and Irving since he'd be behind Russell in the rotation where he should be a starter. Dwaynes a free agent so Cleveland dont have to give Miami anything in return and yep he's rumored to be meeting with Dan Gilbert today. I'd imagine if they sign Wade they'll have to make another trade or waive somebody to make that all work under the cap space if the Russell Westbrook coming to Cavs does happen. Maybe Shumpert but he'd be #2 choice for Small Forward behind LeBron and they need quality backup players too, unless LBJ moved to power forward. The Cavs only SG on their roster I believe is Pointer, so Dwayne would be a massive upgrade. But if Cleveland do manage to have Westbrook, James and Wade on their roster I think we are looking at a threepeat of the Cavaliers vs Warriors NBA final series again.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

From what I've read Dwayne wants $50m over two years and Cleveland can only offer around $3.5m and I can't see Wade coming in to play for a mid level exception so that would need to force Cleveland's hand into trading Love.Mixed sources saying he's cancelled meetings with other teams, so far he has spoke to the Bulls and Nuggets. Bucks meeting is rumored too they are willing to meet his asking price. If Wade does come in and they manage to bring in Russ too then they'd be almost unstoppable. But only Paul Pierce, NBA fan forums and us have entertained the Westbrook to Cleveland rumor. I'd like to see it come to fruition though.

There's been tons of stuff about shifting love though hasn't there? I get the idea and to a point I like it but fuck me it again keeps the two horse race NBA continue.

I don't see Westbrook going to Cleveland, what can they offer OKC other than Love? Westbrook likely to end up in LA or somewhere similar for a re-build and eventual run at a championship.

The D Wade to Cavs talk has been shut down apparently LeBron isn't trying to recruit him and they could only offer $3.5m veterans minimum. Russell to the Cavaliers on paper would be a great move but like you say they don't have much to offer outside of Kevin Love. Personally I wouldn't give up Kyrie and K Love for Russ and I think he's an elite level player but the sky is the limit for Irving now. Going back to the Lakers point, they apparently are interested and are thinking of trading DAngelo Russell for him. But outside of GSW and Cleveland it's going to be difficult for him to be on a team that will be in the hunt for a championship. Kobe's spoke before that he sees alot of himself in Russell Westbrook but I don't know how if he can become a franchise player like Bryant was and he doesn't have a Shaq or Pau alongside him. He'd have Mosgov and Deng but I don't know if they could go up against teams in the West like the Spurs, GSW et AL and their best hope would be a low playoff seeding, say at #7 or #8. LA should try and get draft picks for next season's draft and the 2017 draft class is reported to be talent stacked so I'd go into rebuild mode after acquiring some top draft picks, that is unless the Russell Westbrook trade goes through then you find the right players to complement him.

David West to the Warriors for the vet minimum. Jeez, that guy really wants a ring.

It's looking like Ray Allan is going to come out of retirement to sign with the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers or Cavs too. If he goes to the Warriors, well....fuck that team even more!  :D I honestly can't wait to watch this Warriors team lose next season.

Confirmed: Dwayne Wade to the Bulls

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--dwyane-wade-plans-to-join-bulls-014821600.html

Liking the new look Chicago, Rajon at PG, Jimmy Butler and D-Wade at SG. Ray Allen coming out of retirement isn't a surprise. I actually won't be surprised if Kobe suits up again and comes back in the near future. I saw the Melo tweet too but i'm guessing thats in reference to the Team USA basketball team. Can't see Melo going to the Cavs, or vice-versa with LeBron to the Knicks. Also there's a story that LBJ's agent has confirmed he's resigned with Cleveland but I haven't found 100% confirmation on that yet.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Yea the Bulls if it all gels will be a threat in the East now. Whats interesting about the Heat's recruitment was that they were just focusing on mentioning Chris Bosh returning and Spo being the coach. So maybe they knew really that D-Wade was leaving. Right now they will be reeling against the ropes. It's a huge blow for them to lose their franchise player and the integral part of the team which along with Shaq brought them their first championship and the two championships with Bron & CB4. They've signed Hassan Whiteside to a 4 year deal now but in more bad news for them,Tyler Johnson has signed a 4 year, 50m offer sheet with the Nets: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--nets-sign-tyler-johnson-to--50m-offer-sheet-065909040.htmlAs the article says they have 3 days to match that offer. So Miami's team is diminshing and Pat Riley needs to pull off something huge to make the Miami fans happy after losing D-Wade. Only if they manage to work out a deal for say Russell Westbrook would their cloud have a silver lining, but apparently there's more chance of him turning up in LA for the Lakers.

You are joking about the Bulls, right? Like many others I'm amazed they've done this. I love D Wade and he's been a fantastic player over the past 13 years but the Bulls signing him was the dumbest thing they've done since spending big on a washed up Big Ben Wallace in 06. It seems to me they thought about tanking and then got cold feet and panicked and spunked their load on Wade. Which would have been amazing, in 2010. Tom Thibodeau must be laughing his nuts off. They've now got the worst 3 point shooting team in the entire organisation, the floor spacing is going to be a mess, they're chasing 44 wins and 8th seed if they're lucky. Not one of their starters shoots over 35% from deep, even worse they've got Rajon fucking Rondo as their starting point guard on a guaranteed 2 year deal. Honestly, you couldn't make this up, this is Knicks levels of incompetence. 

The real winner here is Lebron James, again. Lost in the mix of all this, the Cavs picked up Mike Dunleavy. Another sharpshooter to add to their ranks. They've got nothing to sweat in the East, again.

Also, fuck Kevin Durant. What a bitch move that was, i hope the Spurs meet them and send them packing.