The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

• Paid Members

Avery is I guy I really enjoy watching. Not quite too the same level but reminds me off Batum in that be does everything but nothing exceptional and that is why he's underrated. I think the Celtics are going to make a jump in the next year or 2 and by that I mean a top 4 team in the East.

Unless they are getting a guarntee from Blake thats hes signing longterm the tell the Clippers too fuck right off.

Blake Griffin's an interesting one because at one point he was highly coveted, was a great dunker and could have become one of the top stars of the NBA. But like a Rondo his values kinda diminished and he had the fall out and suspension after fighting with a member of the Clippers staff so if I were Boston I'd keep Crowder and try and build a younger team that can develop. Case in point is the Golden State Warriors they let Steph & Klay develop into great players and whilst I wouldn't place Crowder in their class he could become an integral part of the Boston team.

Here's what the trade is rumored to be:

BOS would get Griffin, LAC would get Gay and SAC would get Crowder. Other pieces also involved.

So the Clips don't even want Crowder, they want Rudy Gay.

I'd take Griffin and get rid of Crowder quite quickly.

He's an ok player, as you said he might well develop into something decent but I feel that'll take a number of seasons, plus we have a good chance at the number 1 pick next year in the highly coveted draft.

If Danny has the option of giving up Crowder for Blake without giving up a #1 draft pick for the next two years he'll take it.

There's a slim chance if things fall in place we could end up with two of Cousins/Westbrook/Griffin making us an easy #2 in the East.

Can you imagine Westbrook leading the Celtics to a final against KD and the GSW? Stuff of movies that.

Edited by seanz25

Anthony Bennett to the Nets on a 2 year, minimum deal.

Quick prediction: The Nets are going to finish bottom of the East this year. They are beyond horrible. Poor Brook Lopez.

Whatever we do trade wise, we can't give up our Nets pick for next year. So far it's looking rather valuable in a seriously good draft year.

Your right though the Nets are fucked. They have been for a little while to. Not a clue what there current plan is. They're still 3 years of the proper start of a re-build as we've got there first round picks tied up from the KG/Pierce trade ages ago.

Question I have for you lot then is let's say the Cs somehow get Blake and Westbrooke. Where does that put them in contetntion for a ring?

Yes it puts them easily in the top 2 of the east but does Westbrook, IT, Crowder, Horford, Griffin beat GS or the Cavs.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

Weird and shite. SeanZ25 and other Celtic fand must be creasing themselves watching there cross divisonal rivals shitting the bed next year and earning them the 1st overall pick

Edited by ElCece