US Navy Shootings In Washington

David

I figure this may end up being a big deal, so I've gave it it's own thread. If it turns out to be small potatoes a mod can merge it with the news thread.

Anyway, reports suggest there are three gunmen, 4 people killed and 8 injured. One of the shooters have been killed. It's also suggested that they were dressed in camo gear. No word on it being US or foreign nationals.

Early details from the BBC:

At least four people have been killed in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a naval installation in the US capital, a Navy official has said.

Police entered an office building in search of a gunman, after shots were fired at 08:20 local time (13:20 GMT), the US Navy said. Local news agencies have said a police officer was among the injured. It remains unclear how many were hurt. Personnel at the yard were ordered to "shelter in place", the Navy said.

Capt Ed Buclatin, director of public affairs at the Navy Installations Command at the Navy Yard, said on Twitter that four people were killed and eight injured. The US Navy said shots were reported to have been fired at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters at the yard in south-east Washington DC. Cmdr Tim Juris was on the fourth floor of the building when he heard shots, he told the BBC."It sounded like a tap gun as opposed to a real gun," he said. Dozens of emergency vehicles have converged on the site, and helicopters have been flying overhead.

President Barack Obama has been briefed on the matter by top officials and has directed federal agencies to co-ordinate their response efforts. As many as 3,000 people work at the command, which engineers, purchases, builds and maintains ships and submarines for the Navy. The Washington Navy Yard is the US Navy's oldest shore installation, first opened in the early 19th Century, according to the Navy.

What the hell is a

Typo: BBC now amended the quote to Cap gun.

Quoted from CNN

The incident occurred at 8:20 a.m. when several shots were fired inside the headquarters for Naval Sea Systems Command in southeast Washington. An "active shooter" remained inside the building, the Navy said.

Police spokesman Chris Kelly described the suspect as an adult male, about 6 feet tall with a bald head and medium complexion, dressed in a black top and black jeans.

Two witnesses told CNN affiliate WJLA that they heard a fire alarm go off in the building where they worked, then saw a man with a rifle down the hallway as they exited the building.

"He aimed the gun and fired our way," a man who identified himself as Todd Brundidge told WJLA, adding, "I couldn't believe it."

Most of the 9/11 conspiracy brigade base all their 'evidence' on inaccurate early news reporting, it's fucking annoying. The fact that the real story comes out mere hours later just feeds their 'cover up' bullshit.

Funny that you should mention that. It was only Sunday that my trail of youtube video watching led me to ABC

Most of the 9/11 conspiracy brigade base all their 'evidence' on inaccurate early news reporting, it's fucking annoying. The fact that the real story comes out mere hours later just feeds their 'cover up' bullshit.

Funny that you should mention that. It was only Sunday that my trail of youtube video watching led me to ABC

• Paid Members

The more that their "facts" are proven wrong, the more that it's a cover-up. It's a pretty sweet deal being a crazy conspiracy nut, as you can just pick and choose the news you believe. In essence, if you're a Second Amendment defender, then any attempt to dial back access to guns is viewed as Un-American at best, and any number of anti-American tropes at worst. There's almost a love affair with the gun - I saw a comment on The Blaze today that had the gist of "sure, crazy nutjobs shouldn't be allowed access to guns, but let's not blame an inanimate object". That's mental - set up barbed wire military borders with your southern neighbor, and shovel people back across that border regardless of the nuances of their personal case, and deny rights on a weird religio-moral basis to many of your own citizens, but don't blame the sweet, loving AR-15.

• Paid Members

Richie, you got a link to that footage?

I love conspiracy theories, i love reading about them, and i love seeing them debunked. Some of the shit i read is infuriating, especially responces to conspiracy video's on youtube and things like that.

I work with a boy who gets pretty annoyed if i even question his theories...i choose not to argue with him because he's the kind of person who's mind cannot be changed. He's also one of the people who believes in the illuminati rubbish, which is just the stupidest shit ive ever seen so it's not really worth discussing it with him.

...sorry to turn this is conspiracy discussion.

Archived