Smackdown Discussion Thread

he's playing a role nobody else can play. 

Really? Surely they could have got any random indy guy to do it, or one of the new cruisers?  Or, from the current roster, Slater, Bo Dallas, Axel off the top of my head.  Aside from the win a contract match the story is essentially under dog upsets champ and thinks he can beat him.  It just needs someone we're used to see losing regularly.

Add me to the list of people that want to see him in the rumble with Brock and Bill

James-Ellsworth-T-Shirt-600x250.jpg

he's playing a role nobody else can play! and there's the proof

would you be arsed to see Curtis Axel in the Rumble interacting with Lesnar and Goldberg? plus you don't actually want to book any full time talent that weak and goofy.. I know they probably would, but they shouldn't. none of the other random dudes they had job to Strowman would've cut it either. it's all in the chin

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If you stuck him with the cruiserweights maybe some of those "push the cruisers" guys might actually react.

• Moderators

I think he's doing great at making the most of his time there. I know that it was reported recently that he's signed a contract, but surely it is only a short term/six month deal of some type. He's a novelty act and that novelty will wear off sooner than later, but I fully expect him to be in the Royal Rumble.

As people crying about his "main event push", fucking hell lads. They're the type of folk that scream "PUSH THE CRUISERS~!" then don't react to them on RAW and would have put the belt on someone Paul London and then wondered why the business was dead six months later

Paul London's great!

• Paid Members

Was it just me, or did Ambrose and Ziggler coming out during that Styles/Miz confrontation actually deflate the crowd? I wonder whether they'd be able to stick Miz against Reigns to manage to get him over as the babyface they want him to be, or whether there'd be that risk that the crowd would start cheering Miz for the sheer fact that he's against Reigns. You can't beat a nice battle royal. Result was a touch out of the blue as well. Alexa Bliss is brilliant ducking Becky Lynch then taking the countout when she gets forced to defend. There's nowt like a good chickenshit heel. It's a nice contrast to Raw's game of championship hot potato. It'll be nice to see Cena back for the Mania run. It was a bit sad watching the contenders for the main event come out in silence, but I was stunned by how quickly it came around. Smackdown feels lightning fast compared to plodding through Raw and how baggy it gets in places. Harper and Miz were brilliant in that main event. Ambrose looked lost once or twice, but I can't believe Ziggler won. I know it's the old "Former IC champion getting a shot at the gold" thing, but I can't buy into him being able to win the big one. People seemed a bit pissed off when Miz & Harper got eliminated. Harper is a great solid hoss of a guy, but he can really go as well. I hope he and Orton get to have a match somewhere down the line as that could be a good one. Another decent episode.

Ziggler? For fuck's sake. No one even buys the remote chance he'll become champion.

If your having to tread water until Cena comes back at least give Harper a whirl. They make him look a threat at the start of the show and then no, we'll go with Ziggler.

I'd not really joined the dislike for Ziggler until now. No matter how hard you try you'll never ever be looked at in the same class as Shawn Michaels or Mr. Perfect so just pack it in and fuck off. Please

• Paid Members

I think a bit of time off TV for Ziggler (as in more than a couple of weeks) might do him some good. Everybody seemed quite into the idea of Miz Vs AJ during Miz TV. I now want Miz to win the Rumble and have a shot at Styles at 'Mania. That would be, to coin a phrase, awesome.

I hated how Miz is fresh as a daisy, but gets eliminated by that rollup from Ambrose, then he tries the same thing on Ziggler towards the end of the match while he's fooked and Ziggles kicks out.

I think Dolph's gimmick is now "if you're not paying attention you might accidentally think you're watching a 20 year old Shawn Michaels match"

Daniel Bryan's fisting joke and Renee's reaction needs to be a GIF, loved Talking Smack again this week. Smackdown was solid but nobody in their right mind is going to be able to suspend their disbelief that Ziggler might possibly win the title.

Loving the Becky/Alexa feud right now, it's such a change of pace from the RAW women's stuff but just as good in many respects.

• Paid Members

And don't get me started on the Hype Bros. I hope the Wyatt's massacre them. It isn't Ryder but fucking Mojo who grinds my gears. Like a hyperactive puppy with ADHD. Grrr.

Mojo was so hyper coming down to the ring to celebrate last night that he nearly ran into the ring post. I wish he had and had knocked himself out

• Paid Members

Loving the Becky/Alexa feud right now, it's such a change of pace from the RAW women's stuff but just as good in many respects.

The wrestling isn't as good, but the storyline is loads better than the constant hot-potato rematches we're getting put through on Raw.

Another really good 2 hours of SmackDown. It's so easy to watch. Really enjoyed both the Fatal 4 Way and the Tag Team Battle Royal. 

I'm no great fan of Ziggler or the Hype Bro's but they are merely gap filler challengers to keep things ticking over until Mania season. AJ vs. ZIggler should still be good and the Wyatt's should destroy the Hype Bro's. Luke Harper put in an excellent showing there too, he wouldn't look out of place in the WWE Title scene on SmackDown at all.

Archived