UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I must be getting old. Things I do not get that are meant to be cool with the kids nowadays

- Beards

- Game Of Thrones

- Big Bang Theory

- Wandshogun09

- The word "epic"

- Memes

- Daniel Bryan ;)

I also detest Facebook sayings like "today is a good day" and those crappy "that awkward moment when......."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is it with people's obsession with beards? It's like some fad lately, similar to Chuck Norris facts. They refer to them as "epic". Same with zombies. "OMG zombies are totally epic! That's an epic beard! Bacon is epic too". Get off the bandwagon, lads.

I see so many mugs appear on my twitter timeline trying to grow these beards. They're usually accompanied by a bunch of shit tattoos too.

Then my question to everyone ITT discussing "epic" beards - why are you so susceptible to fads & bandwagons?

Well, we aren't, are we? It's not as if we're all going out growing ~epic~ beards and dressing like an old Norwegian fisherman, is it? We mentioned a UFC fighters beard, and how shit it looked, which prompted a few half-arsed posts about Evan Tanner and his beard. It's hardly a big deal.

You really are a grumpy bastard, aren't you?

• Paid Members
Today it's beards, tomorrow it'll be a retro Dolph Lundgren style flat top hairstyle.

We live in hope. Now if a fighter ever comes along with both the Kimbo beard and Drago flat top, he'll be the greatest specimen in the sport.

I think I must be getting old. Things I do not get that are meant to be cool with the kids nowadays

- Wandshogun09

tumblr_mkov2xcjCP1rzv2gno1_400.gif

I also detest Facebook sayings like "today is a good day"

Today I didn't even have to use my AK, today was a good day. Facebook can fuck off. That was Ice Cube.

Wand you redeemed yourself with that gif. Just discovered The Sopranos this year, some 15 years after everyone else, pure gold. Strangely, my Dad is starting to resemble Paulie.

I like how this thread has become "the world according to Herbie, Jim and David"

• Paid Members
Just discovered The Sopranos this year, some 15 years after everyone else, pure gold. Strangely, my Dad is starting to resemble Paulie.

Well then your Dad is cooler than mine. Please tell me he's got the white wings in his hair as well?

This won't spoil anything important;

Ever go to tie your shoes and you notice the end of your laces are wet? From what? Why would they be wet?

Fuck being on topic. Where's the fun in that?

You really are a grumpy bastard, aren't you?

Yeah, all the time. Anyone who ever criticises anything is grumpy. There's no other explanation.

Well, there are other explanations, but i didn't want to offend you ;)

• Paid Members
Saw in Meltzer's update that Tom Lawlor has suffered an injury in training and has pulled out of his fight with some fucker. No mention yet whether they're looking for a replacement to face some fucker or whether they'll just pull the fucker from the card.

Motherfucker.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they give Chris Fields a call. Cathal Pendred tweeted about it as well. It's a bit of a no-brainer really being in Ireland.

Archived