Didn't deserve to have shit on the market

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Gymini I think?

Yeah. How many kids do you think asked for those figures, so they could recreate the matches that pair had with... umm.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gymini I think?

Yeah. How many kids do you think asked for those figures, so they could recreate the matches that pair had with... umm.....

Were they anything to do with Simon Dean or am i imagining that?

I remember there being roughly 10,000 of these bad boys in Toys R Us in 1999, and pretty much buying one out of sympathy!

4c808b16af098_74388n.jpg

RIP Steve Williams.

I got this figure with an Undertaker one from my first trip to Hamleys, Dr Death had a great career in my promotion. Plus you could turn the head 360 degrees around which shown Taker that he had some spooky shit of his own.

• Paid Members

Remember those shite Maximum Sweat figures? I remember there being a semi-big deal about the unmasking of Kane on his Maximum Sweat figure. We were all like "well they mold the heads from the actual faces so this is what Kane must really look like without the mask".

00074510.jpg

Its odd now looking back, but for years there was a big "I wonder how they will keep the scabs on Kane's face when he wrestles" style talk around the playgrounds. The day had to come when that mask was removed, and nobody thought he was going be be a bald bloke with nothing wrong with him. Bit of a cop out to be fair, but by 2003 I think people weren't to bothered about a Kane unmasking. It would have been huge in 99 if they did it. His big red raw face all over the camera. They supposedly had designs and special effect makeup on the ready for the day they did the unmasking as well. They must have just thought it was a pain in the arse for a character that had already peaked when they did whip his mask off.

• Paid Members
Remember those shite Maximum Sweat figures?

Did wonders for the "wrestling is for gays" lot round here, them. We didn't just want to play with our big muscly men, we wanted them to be all SWEATY.

• Moderators

edit - the Bashams are so bland, I quoted air raid's post showing the picture of them and asked "speaking of generic teams, did Basham's ever have figures?".

To be fair somehwat redeem my idiocy, I'm pretty sure I remember them wearing black. I think that was maybe after they were given a bit of an S&M gimmick with Shaniqua.

I didn't mind the master/slave stuff with Shaniqua because at least it gave them SOMETHING. I don't remember them in blue either though: was that when they were in the Cabinet with JBL?

• Moderators
kgrhqnhjfyfbsstjotnbqeh.jpg

I had these figures as well. The shit thing about them, their hats didn't come off. They were glued on. After a few clotheslines and uppercuts their heads fell off.

They were my favourites! But I was probably the only child in the land to like, nay, love the New Blackjacks. Still do. I pump their (amazing) music out now and again and do the Stan Hansen horns and bellow.

• Paid Members

I love the part where the guitar goes, "nurr-nurr-dugger-dugger-nurr-nurr" after about 30 seconds. Fine music. I thought Baz and the Rock n Roll Express vs Bradshaw and the LOD was going to be on WrestleMania 14 at the time. They set it up the month before as well. Shame. It would have been less disastrous than that shite battle royal.

• Moderators

Yeah, that's the point of the song where I

A) Hansen horns and bellow

or

B) Wave a massive imaginary cowbell around my head to clear the ring of heels that don't exist in my front room.

Archived