DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

My favourite bit was when Pike and Lola Kirke were sat next to each other watching TV and Pike's in the news report they're watching and Kirke still doesn't recognise her. You know, because she cut her hair and because it's shit.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Fox's creative control. Fincher walked out before final editing citing constant interference. He even refused to have anything to with the director's cut.

The original cut is a mess with the assembly cut it actually comes off ok.

So there's three versions of Alien3 now?

I gave 47 Ronin a watch tonight so I can clear out some of the Sky box. Wasn't too sure about it at first, and when one of George Lucas's CGI cast-offs turned up I contemplated turning it off as I felt I wasn't going to enjoy it. Within about 10 minutes though it had won me over. It's a great bank holiday/school inset day boys type film. It's like a modern, Japanese version of a Harryhausen film, with swashbuckling and monsters and is just an enjoyable bit of fluff.

Just two. Fincher refused to a director's cut so it turned into the assembly cut.

I did come across this blog from Ralph Brown about the infighting during the film of Alien 3 which is an entertaining read.

https://magicmenagerie.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-pop-life-171-praying-for-time-george-michael/

Edited by stevieg1980