Best comedy Wrestlers/wrestling

theironshake

• Paid Members

John Cena

*ducks*

But in more traditional terms, definitely Regal. His whole run as Commissioner was brilliant, with a particular highlight being when he was European champion and Al Snow was doing his gimmick where he pretended to be from a different European culture each week. His outrage at Snow's antics was a thing to behold. His series of ridiculous facial expressions when Jericho pished in his tea also leap to mind.

I also enjoyed the game of musical chairs years ago with Ric Flair competing as if it was for another world title.

I've not seen him for years but around 2005-6 Delirious was brilliant. His bizarre gimmick led to several hilarious moments in matches. Ebessan too though I only saw a couple of matches of his. In fact the entire Chikara promotion is full of amazing ridiculousness. Like this, the longest match of all time, for example.

Back to the WWF I remember absolutely loving Perry Saturn when he got knocked on the head a few times. It led to this scene at a restaurant which never fails to make me laugh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surely the Paparazzi Productions wins this, Nash and all the various things he was doing in TNA around that time with Backlund and the masked guys and the like is one of the very few things in wrestling that's ever had me proper creasing, it actually did alot of good in creating personalities for some of the guys in the X division at the time, particularly Shelley and Aries if I remember right.

Mad Man Manson and Eric Young never fail to make me smile, would love to see the two of them in ring together. Also can't falt Gamma when he's playing the comedy role. Santino's expressions when he nearly won the Rumble and his training for the Elimination Chamber will always be funny moments to me. Rock's promo for the 6 man hell in a cell is quality

This is a promo from Manson that makes me laugh

• Paid Members
Mad man manson.

Absolutely correct, but utterly pointless without an explanation. Elaborate! Tell us why he's brilliant!

Myself, I think Manson's one of the most versatile comedy guys out there. He's great because he's parodying wrestling in a way that doesn't expose it (Eg: doing the whole hit the ropes -> shoulderblock on a big guy who no-sells it, repeat a few times, get frustrated, going "Oh FINE, *I'LL* do it" and taking the bump). Because his character is a mental case, he can get away with doing nudge-wink insidery stuff that smarky fans love, but that still has kids and families in bits laughing too.

Although, my two favourite Manson stories are super-insidery. The first one was a 1PW show where he was in a Rumble and had "Pac over, 40 minutes" written on his leg. Pac went over in 40 minutes.

The second one was a PTW show with a crowd of about 12, where he was in a fatal 4-way with El Ligero, Martin Kirby and someone else. Because nobody was there and they couldn't really be arsed, they all came out in jeans and Manson called the whole match out loud, leading to something like: "LIGERO! You guys brawl on the outside, me and Kirby'll get in the ring and do the finish." Swiss Money Holdings were over for an IPW show the same weekend and had gone along for shits and giggles. Marc Roudin was jumping up and down on his chair.

• Paid Members
Ebessan is and always will be comedy gold, the Florida Brothers were also fantastic and I found it great when Los Guerreros started stealing some of their spots

YES. Ebessan (the first one) was brilliant, and has continued to be brilliant as Kikutaro - his parody of Mutoh was hilarious, and his matches against serious, bad-mood Liger were great viewing.

The Florida Bros' mime-door spots are some of my favourites, as well as the chair-shot spots.

Absolutely correct, but utterly pointless without an explanation. Elaborate! Tell us why he's brilliant!

Myself, I think Manson's one of the most versatile comedy guys out there. He's great because he's parodying wrestling in a way that doesn't expose it (Eg: doing the whole hit the ropes -> shoulderblock on a big guy who no-sells it, repeat a few times, get frustrated, going "Oh FINE, *I'LL* do it" and taking the bump). Because his character is a mental case, he can get away with doing nudge-wink insidery stuff that smarky fans love, but that still has kids and families in bits laughing too.

Although, my two favourite Manson stories are super-insidery. The first one was a 1PW show where he was in a Rumble and had "Pac over, 40 minutes" written on his leg. Pac went over in 40 minutes.

The second one was a PTW show with a crowd of about 12, where he was in a fatal 4-way with El Ligero, Martin Kirby and someone else. Because nobody was there and they couldn't really be arsed, they all came out in jeans and Manson called the whole match out loud, leading to something like: "LIGERO! You guys brawl on the outside, me and Kirby'll get in the ring and do the finish." Swiss Money Holdings were over for an IPW show the same weekend and had gone along for shits and giggles. Marc Roudin was jumping up and down on his chair.

Ha..

Manson doesn't even consider himself a wrestler anymore he thinks he's more of a all round variety act with wrestling as a sideshow.

With that being said though he is amazing whether its him hating te fact he's getting hurt and in excruciating pain from a headlock to his banter with fans/officials etc the guys just ace. In fact i think the onlytime hes ever done a serious matchwas the liverpool 1pw show that never seemed to end.... With him walking around pre show stopping people and going "what kind of show does 85 rewrites in ten minutes!!"

Edge and Christian used to make me laugh in their heyday - their 'movie review' of the young Hardy Boys home movies is just hilarious.

Did laugh at some of Al Snow's stuff with Head in ECW too - and the beckstage segment in WWF (that I cant find anywhere) where he was teaming with Mankind. It went something like:

Mankind - 'I think teaming with a guy who talks to a Head is just stupid'

Al Snow - 'Whoa whoa whoa, I hate to break this buddy but you talk to a sock!' (TURNS TO HEAD) 'I had to tell him, he looks ridiculous'.

Funny stuff.

Hate to quote myself, but basically everyone listed in this post below on funniest moments of the decade are great comic performers (maybe not Coach).

Vince and the Big Show shaking hands and having an evil laugh competition at Backlash 2001.

Austin/Angle/Vince.

Austin's watch.

Regal wandering off-screen after an interview with Coach, then coming back 5 seconds later to call him a 'silly pillock'.

• Paid Members

For me, Santino's best was when he was a heel, speculating on which of Steve Austin's Hollywood friends would show up, mentioning various people, then:

"...or maybe it's Tom Hanks with the AIDS."

The bit where he nicked Lawler's sandwich got a chuckle out of me too.

Worthless as Anderson's been over the years, he can be pretty funny at times. I remember, during one of his earlier matches in TNA, when he was a pretty decent heel, a load of IZ mutants were chanting "Over-rated" at him - he just stopped, looked at them, and exclaimed "OH!" sarcastically while doing Randy Orton's old "O" pose with his arms. Or the time he was interviewed by Kardashian at WM, went off, and then burst back on-screen, yelling "KENNEDY!" in her face.

Archived