Best comedy Wrestlers/wrestling

theironshake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of my favourites have already been listed (Manson, Ebessan, the 4 way ROH with Joe/Evans) however there are some others worth mentioning:

Spud - His attacks on 'Marty Squirrel' last year were some of the best and funniest promos I have seen in years. For me, the man can do no wrong.

Minoru Suzuki - Not only one of my favourite japanese wrestlers ever, the man can work some great comedy matches especially whenever he tagged with SUWA.

Darren Burridge - Could cut some very funny stuff in the Team SHAG era.

angle austin mcmahon stuff, the cowboy stuff was a classing as was the hugging but my fav has to be when vince is trying to get it on with torri and angle keeps showing up, pricless, tajiri and regal as well oh and a special mention of bookdust.

screaming norman smiliey

Hate to quote myself, but basically everyone listed in this post below on funniest moments of the decade are great comic performers (maybe not Coach).

Vince and the Big Show shaking hands and having an evil laugh competition at Backlash 2001.

Can anyone find a clip of this without me going through Backlash 2001 for it? It's one of those silly little things I love and haven't been able to find it for ages.

Also I can't remember why he put it up but that clip Ian put up of Vince saying "Road doggy doggy doggay" or something like that is another daft one I like and can't find again.

On that ITV Wrestling DVD, the one with the blue cover there is a match on there, it must be Les Kellet, absolute comedy gold.

As for current WWE I must say Santino, his walk to the ring, the way he does moves, his promos, just pure comedy, also my family who aren't into wrestling like watching Santino as they find him genuinely funny and they don't laugh in a "wrestling is stupid" kind of way when they watch him, they laugh in the same way we as wrestling fans do. Also in that category is Daniel Bryan and Kane, both brilliant wrestlers but their current tag team together has been just spectacular, absolutely love every minute of it, we know Kane is a brilliant monster and we know Bryan is one of the best wrestlers in this current era but together in a team these guys are comedy brilliance. But what makes it better is they aren't just a comedy team who can't wrestle, they can wrestle, two of the best and that is what makes them so good, fans respect them as they can back themselves up in the ring but also make them laugh. By comedy I mean more of Hell No's promos.

• Paid Members
On that ITV Wrestling DVD, the one with the blue cover there is a match on there, it must be Les Kellet, absolute comedy gold.

I think that's probably the Kellett vs Leon Arris match mentioned in the OP (with YouTube link). It is amazing, highly recommend anyone watch it if they haven't already.

Regal's always funny. I always find myself laughing whenever Mad Man Manson talks and Joey Hayes has come on really well with his comedy spots.

*EDIT - I miss G-Man as a wrestler. I remember a couple of his matches in Futureshock. A battle royal where he left the ring, stole a table cover crept back up to Carl Richards and shouted "Look, Sheet!" before covering him with it to eliminate him. The other being a 6 man tag where he stole Jamie Flynt's record of achievement and started reading his school report on the apron.

• Paid Members

WWE really did miss a trick with Santino's Honk-a-meter, that should have played out till Santino either passed the record, or was just about to and had 'Honky Tonkly Man' beat him.

Alas WWE has no patience with brilliance

Archived