Best comedy Wrestlers/wrestling

theironshake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for Kurt Angle in his early days. Some of his straight heel promos, ripping on the local town or the fans, were absolute gold. I remember a line "Big Show... if that IS your real name..." that I still use to this day.

• Paid Members
+1 for Kurt Angle in his early days. Some of his straight heel promos, ripping on the local town or the fans, were absolute gold. I remember a line "Big Show... if that IS your real name..." that I still use to this day.

Wasn't it 'Undertaker ... If that is your real name!?'

Either way it was a wonderful one liner

I'm sure all of these will be on you tube somewhere;

Kikutaro's slow motion match is worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet.

Hollywood Stalker Ishikawa from DragonGate is always funny.

Osirian Portal vs The Runaways in CZW at Night of Infamy 9 was a really good match but had some amazing comedy stuff in it too.

Rukus vs Human Tornado also from CZW was comedy gold.

That Leon/Kellet match on the first page was great. Gonna have to acquaint myself a bit more with WOS. Thanks for posting.

My favourite thing in all of wrestling is the stooging heel. Outright comedy wrestlers/characters are great in small doses but I could watch the likes of Tully, Funk, Flair, Fab Moolah, Buddy Rose, Bill Eadie, Aries etc. and be amused for hours.

Austin/Vince/Angle has to be the greatest few weeks of comedy ever, I know that's not the most groundbreaking statement but it is easy to forget how brilliant those segments were

I think a big reason Austin's second heel turn worked so much better than the first is because people were massively into him after those few weeks of comedy and were genuinely disappointed when he turned full heel again, which they weren't after Mania 17 as his character was stale as fuck by then anyway

Angle's hat, 'Chicken soup for the soul', 'I'm great, tell him I'm great', Vince's reactions to the two of them bickering, Austin's blazing saddles tribute, plus the fact none of the segments ruined either Austin or Angle's aura in the ring make them the best comedy segments ever

Oh and Debra's legs looked belting in every one as well

• Paid Members

Heenan and Perfect used to crack me up as a kid

Angle's "As they say on the streets...'My bad'..." line always cracked me up.

I thought the Planet Stasiak character was a hoot too. I loved Insurrextion 2002, when Lesnar was making his entrance against the Hardys and Stasiak just ran past him like a lunatic and started the match. He had a real vacant intensity behind his eyes. I miss Stasiak.

Christians Peeparooni was world class and sticks out in my head as a genuine loud chuckle moment.

Wrestlers nowadays, there aren't many to be honest. The Rock has made me laugh most lately. Some Matt Classic matches can raise a chuckle. Steiner's workout dvd is - albeit unwittingly - up there with Spinal Tap.

Archived