Doing a 6 week catch up of Impacts (yeah, I know....) I recorded on the digibox, its clear the only reason this promotion still exists to me is the constant arse and crotch shots of the likes of Brooke, Taryn and Gail Kim. Transplant these three to GWF and fuck off for good.

I'm going to be fascinated in the ratings war between ROH and TNA on Dest. America now though.

There wont be a ratings war. TNA will probably try and create one. Even when TNA do get higher viewing figures than ROH on Destination America doesnt mean more people are watching it. ROH is available on many other networks/stations.

Not officially, no, but TNA are going to be under incredible pressure to get higher ratings than ROH. ROH is cheaper and less hassle for Destination America. If ROH gets ratings that are better, or even comparable to Impact, then there's a good chance that the network will just drop TNA completely. At the very least the threat of it will destroy TNA's ability to negotiate. To have any leverage at all, they are going to have to trounce ROH, and they really don't have the resources to do it.

TNA are under no pressure, the decision has already been made and the change of nights is to get those viewers comfortable with another wrestling product on the network the same night (if DA continue with ROH).

The deal signed with DA late last year was a multi-year contract (according to press release), they haven't even lasted a year on the network. Nobody will touch them (hence why they ended up on DA in the first place)

Should ROH attracts higher ratings, does anyone have any guesses what the TNA spin will be?

"They got the better timeslot" would appear to be it. Any other suggestions?

By the way does anyone know anyone willing to pay 400 notes for the UK tour VIP package. It's not about affording it, it's about seeing that as good value, and I just can't imagine there being many.

Should ROH attracts higher ratings, does anyone have any guesses what the TNA spin will be?

By the way does anyone know anyone willing to pay 400 notes for the UK tour VIP package. It's not about affording it, it's about seeing that as good value, and I just can't imagine there being many.

What did she say last week about viewership? Ignore.

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

What are TNA offering for that kind of money?

Maximum Fan Ringside VIP package includes:

• Early entry to the venue
  • Guaranteed seat in the front 2 rows
  • Pre event meet with up to 8 of the Wrestlers and TNA Knockouts
  • Have your photo taken with the TNA world championship belt
  • Personalised signed photos
  • 1 piece of exclusive tour merchandise
  • VIP tour laminate

Ultimate Fan Ringside VIP package includes:

• All of the above PLUS
  • Guaranteed seat in the front row
  • Pre event meeting and Q&A with DIXIE CARTER (estimate :30 mins)
  • Attend and participate in a creative workshop with the writers (estimate :30 mins)
  • Pre event backstage tour with DIXIE CARTER, See the TV truck, changing rooms, walk the ramp & have a photo opportunity with Dixie in the six sided ring.

Maximum Fan Ringside VIP package includes:

• Early entry to the venue
  •  
  • Guaranteed seat in the front 2 rows
  •  
  • Pre event meet with up to 8 of the Wrestlers and TNA Knockouts
  •  
  • Have your photo taken with the TNA world championship belt
  •  
  • Personalised signed photos
  •  
  • 1 piece of exclusive tour merchandise
  •  
  • VIP tour laminate

Ultimate Fan Ringside VIP package includes:

• All of the above PLUS
  •  
  • Guaranteed seat in the front row
  •  
  • Pre event meeting and Q&A with DIXIE CARTER (estimate :30 mins)
  •  
  • Attend and participate in a creative workshop with the writers (estimate :30 mins)
  •  
  • Pre event backstage tour with DIXIE CARTER, See the TV truck, changing rooms, walk the ramp & have a photo opportunity with Dixie in the six sided ring.

That's terrible.. A few years ago i paid around £70 for a decent tiered seat (low down in lower tier square on with ring), and fan interaction. Met more than 8 talents including Sting, and had a natter and pic with Dixie and Christy Hemme while in the queue. A year later i paid the same and got the same, but swap Sting for Hogan and no Hemme. But peopel have more money than sense, so i expect they'll sell some.

Edited by truthofsin

I blame the consistent naysayers they changed it. I had heard it was an improvement on previous years when I went. Was really hoping for Fan InterAction again. Really enjoyed meeting wrestlers these last two years and adding some autographs to both my programmes and Jokers Wild II DVD. But £245 and £395 (and that's just before fees) is crazy. i have it on good authority they'll wind up moving people forward just to fill them up. Unless there's a comp for some, I won't bother.

Thing is, this company just seems to survive, even if it doesn't thrive.  

Wouldn't surprise me if TNA ends up as a restaurant in Nashville, that shows its archive on big TVs and might put a match or two on over the weekends.  

Dixie would then still find a way to put a positive spin on it...

So many random thoughts about TNA.

Like it's worth highlighting that there has probably never been a normal economic reality between TNA income and expenditure. If they have no TV deal they can continue to exist if that's what Dixie wants. But I'd guess no TV = no vanity project, and she's out.

Whilst it's not impossible to operate a successful entertainment company without TV (Cirque Du Soleil, Harlem Globetrotters) you'd be hard pressed to find a buyer, unless you could package it in such a way the likes of Feld Entertainment or another wrestling company view it as a strategic acquisition.

Eg Jarrett could probably do with saying his GFW is the growth of the business that has existed since 2002.

But everything else aside they seem like lying twats, and this may be the last cloak and dagger for many of the roster.